Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans...onnell-1483264

About 71 percent of Republicans believe that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell should call witnesses during President Donald Trump's impeachment trial, a new survey showed.

SurveyUSA asked 4,096 registered voters whether witnesses with firsthand knowledge should be allowed to testify, with 71 percent of Republicans, 93 percent of Democrats, and 81 percent of Independents saying witnesses should be allowed to testify. Only 15 percent of Republicans said that they should not be allowed to testify, while 4 percent of Democrats, and 7 percent of Independents said they shouldn't. Only 3 percent of Democrats were unsure, with 12 percent of Independents and 14 percent of Republicans answering not sure.

IOW don't believe the MidnightMassacreMoscowMitch hype.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    IOW don't believe the MidnightMassacreMoscowMitch hype.
    Believe your cherry picked survey instead, right?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Believe your cherry picked survey instead, right?
      I'm open to view any surveys which ask this question. Hard to believe even a push survey would overstate Republican support by ~21% though.

Comment

Support for witnesses in the Senate #ImpeachmentTrial in recent polls:

CNN 69-26
        Quinnipiac 66-17
        WaPo/ABC 71-22
        Morning Consult 57-24

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I'm open to view any surveys which ask this question. Hard to believe even a push survey would overstate Republican support by ~21% though.
          Nobody in his right mind wants anything less than a full accounting of what happened... except those hiding their bad deeds.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Nobody in his right mind wants anything less than a full accounting of what happened... except those hiding their bad deeds.
            Classic kafkatrap.

Comment

Classic kafkatrap.
              Sorry bud. Your guys are hiding thevtruth by force. Sorry that you've hitched your wagon to that. But it's your choice. No one is making you.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

"Only those with something to hide would object to an intrusive and legally questionable investigation!"

Comment

"Only those with something to hide would object to an intrusive and legally questionable investigation!"
                  Paint your excuses however you want, trump is guilty , trying to hide it, and the gop is helping him hide it, with the support of people thinking just like you.

Comment

"Denial is proof of guilt!"

There's that kafkatrap again.

Comment

In what way could the calling of first-hand witnesses to testify under oath at a trial be construed as "intrusive and legally questionable"?
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm of various minds.

Mainly, I believe this travesty should have been dismissed outright as Constitutionally invalid.

Failing that, it should have been remanded to the House for a do-over, where THEY do their job of subpoenaing witnesses and fighting for court approval.

But realistically, with cowardly Senators like Collins and Murkowski, and the TDSified cultist Mittens, neither of those was ever really possible. So we're stuck fighting over rules and witnesses. We have to hope Cocaine Mitch can at least wrangle his cats well enough to get "quid pro quo" in terms of witnesses, *and* that POTUS makes good on his promise to invoke Executive Privilege.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I think the magic words in that survey were "with firsthand knowledge" - so far we haven't heard from anyone under oath with firsthand knowledge. The only ones who have that are Trump and Zelensky. And if he is guilty, anyone Trump told directly what his nefarious plan was. I think I would go for those witnesses. I would also like to see the whistlblower.

Comment

Paint your excuses however you want, trump is guilty , trying to hide it, and the gop is helping him hide it, with the support of people thinking just like you.
                              “Trump is so guilty that we need to keep digging till we find evidence that he is guilty!!!”

Stalin would be proud, comrade.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment