Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Americans' Confidence in Their Finances Keeps Growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans' Confidence in Their Finances Keeps Growing

Americans' Confidence in Their Finances Keeps Growing

pmuw-epimkudabju-0t9cq.jpg

• 69% expect their financial situation to improve over the next year
    • Optimism about finances over the next year is almost at a record-high level
    • 50% say they are in better shape financially than a year ago

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' optimism about their personal finances has climbed to levels not seen in more than 16 years, with 69% now saying they expect to be financially better off "at this time next year."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

But we need to tear it all down in the name of leftist ideology...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      But we need to tear it all down in the name of leftist ideology...
      right now they are trying to make people depressed by spreading a story about how people's tax refunds are non-existent this year because of Trump's cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        right now they are trying to make people depressed by spreading a story about how people's tax refunds are non-existent this year because of Trump's cuts.
        That is stupid, not only was my refund about the same (around $150 less). I save $1,400 over the year in taxes not paid...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That is stupid, not only was my refund about the same (around $150 less). I save $1,400 over the year in taxes not paid...
          That's the point that everyone is seeming to miss. I paid several hundred dollars less in taxes this year so I'm pretty much expecting to get a smaller refund as a result when I file my taxes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            That's the point that everyone is seeming to miss. I paid several hundred dollars less in taxes this year so I'm pretty much expecting to get a smaller refund as a result when I file my taxes.
            Yeah, but because of the new doubled personal deduction I did not itemize this year. So I did my own taxes saving $300 over what I paid to have them done last year.

Comment

Yeah the reporters are targeting the refund amounts, NOT comparing the actual taxes paid. It's a media scam to undermine Trump yet again and make people think he lied to them.

Comment

Yeah, but because of the new doubled personal deduction I did not itemize this year. So I did my own taxes saving $300 over what I paid to have them done last year.
                Yeah that happened to me too. I use Turbotax and usually itemize. This year I did it and found out I was better off with the standard deduction. Made my taxes way simpler.

I am getting about $300 less back this year. But I also paid in a lot less and owe a lot less.

Worked out for me, because I got MORE than that $300 in extra money in my paychecks throughout the year. I am ahead about $1000 I figure.

Comment