Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

New fish fossil shows step in development of the hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fish fossil shows step in development of the hand

Source: https://phys.org/news/2020-03-ancient-fish-fossil-reveals-evolutionary.html

Ancient fish fossil reveals evolutionary origin of the human hand

© Copyright Original Source

I wish threads like this had more replies. :(

Unfortunately, I have little to add to such discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post

The scientific evidence speaks for itself

Comment

Back before The Crash of tweb in 2014 I had a thread "Fossil Finds" where I posted these things once to twice a week after reading the paper (or at least the abstract) and several popular press accounts. Rarely got a reply.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          The scientific evidence speaks for itself
          I know, but it's a monologue; there's no exchange of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Back before The Crash of tweb in 2014 I had a thread "Fossil Finds" where I posted these things once to twice a week after reading the paper (or at least the abstract) and several popular press accounts. Rarely got a reply.
            Why you wrote ''The Crash'' with upper case in both words?

Comment

To distinguish it from several much smaller ones.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

. . . because it was devastating, and shut down Tweb for some time with a loose of many if not most of the old history of posts. I did find an old copy on line and shared it later.

Comment

It's a fish.
                  GOD created an unknown number of fishes on Day 5.
                  The Flood electrocuted, boiled and suffiocated most kinds of them and buried them quickly.
                  The idiotic atheist who claims this fish is some missing link merely shows he prefers Satan to GOD.

Comment

Originally posted by XRose View Post
                    It's a fish.
                    The Flood electrocuted, boiled and suffiocated most kinds of them and buried them quickly.
                    The idiotic atheist who claims this fish is some missing link merely shows he prefers Satan to GOD.
                    Please cite where in Scripture it says that "The Flood electrocuted, boiled and suffiocated most kinds of [fish] and buried them quickly" or are you just making it all up?

Comment

They obviously created 42.

Sounds like a mighty tasty gumbo.

He obviously prefers Cthulhu.
                      Last edited by Duragizer; 03-27-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Please cite where in Scripture it says that "The Flood electrocuted, boiled and suffiocated most kinds of [fish] and buried them quickly" or are you just making it all up?
                        Looks like a hit and run response. Likely because the poster was aware that they could not support their contentions.

Comment

It's a fish.
                          Missing link? That's not a scientific term and it isn't even used anymore by the scientific community.

Comment

It's a fish.
                            Hardly worth responding to. It sounds like a Steven King horror flick or an alien invasion scenario.

There are no 'missing links' in the contemporary knowledge of science. This fish is only one of very many variations in the fossil record that demonstrates the transition of fish to amphibians to land animals.

Comment