Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Cannabis? now becoming legal in a number of states. Any tokers out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis? now becoming legal in a number of states. Any tokers out there.

Once I turned 18, I gave up Cannabis, tobacco, and alcohol. Any one out there smoke or eat the stuff? Any comments on the morality and legality of cannabis.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Never tried it. No plans to, not unless if it was a last ditch sort of thing, end of life, that sort of thing.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Why is this in the Fraternity?

Regardless, I support the legalization of Cannabis and am inclined to see recreational use of it as ethical so long as you don't go overboard or take too many risks. I've personally never found it appealing but if it's your thing and you know what you're doing go for it I guess.

Comment

Did that in my youth. Don't intend to start up again, thanks.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Former toker. Occasionally miss it but have resisted temptation. In any case I think it should at the very least be decriminalized.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never done it, not particularly interested, but I'm not particularly worked up about its legalization.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't need another addiction in my life, thanks, I've got my Tweb fix finally.
              "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Originally posted by GioD View Post
                Why is this in the Fraternity?
                Why not? The topics up are Beer, Cigars . . .
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Not if you paid me to. I get highly nauseous from even a whiff of it at work (I get a lot of customers with Teh Munchies(TM) going through my till) because it smells like a skunk. Tobacco- particularly cigars or pipe tobacco- can at least smell nice.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

It shouldn't be criminalized.

Comment

I don't smoke it and never plan to but I'm for legalization since it's not a dangerous drug.
                      "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                      -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Not interested in that stuff.

And I've just about had enough hearing fellow Latin-Americans getting constantly murdered because of this ban found virtually worldwide, so I support abolishing it's outlaw status.
                        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

I suspect that the nation has been victimized by drug laws. The only ones who profit from the war on drugs is the illegal drug merchants. On the other hand we are so deep into the whole thing socially we would go through all sorts of hell if the laws were immediately dropped. If marijuana was completely legal and available in your grocery store it would no longer be tied to other drugs. Plus it is easy to grow . . .
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

There seems to be a good amount of money funneled into law enforcement too, so I wouldn't say the only beneficiary is drug cartels.

I'm not sure what the difference would be between legalization and decriminalizing it. As it is, tobacco and alcohol are legal yet have all sorts of restrictions. Legalizing pot (and maybe some of the other ones) but with the same sorts of restrictions probably won't result in pot smokers all over the place.

What would be an issue is how how long pot remains in the system, and to what effect. If I'm not mistaken, the effects of impairment follow pretty closely to the easily measured alcohol level, meaning it's easy to test and set limits for alcohol impairment. What about similar ways to test for pot impairment? Also, would we get into situations where pot is "legal" yet employers won't want their employees using the stuff? I'm thinking about fire, ambulance, police, truck drivers, etc.

Decriminalizing so that they quit throwing people into jail (save for egarious offenses, like selling to school kids) and wasting money there I'm fine with. Legalizing it to what tobacco/alcohol are at though is going to be tricky. The devil's in the details.
                            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Seriously read it as "cannibals". I couldn't believe it was becoming legal...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X