Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Just Don’t Call Them UFOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Don’t Call Them UFOs

Just Don’t Call Them UFOs

The U.S. military wants pilots to report strange sightings in the sky, but doesn’t want any of the stigma that comes with it.

Pilots are about to receive a new memo from management: If you encounter an unidentified flying object while on the job, please tell us.

The U.S. Navy is drafting new rules for reporting such sightings, according to a recent story from Politico. Apparently, enough incidents have occurred in “various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace” in recent years to prompt military officials to establish a formal system to collect and analyze the unexplained phenomena. Members of Congress and their staffs have even started asking about the claims, and Navy officials and pilots have responded with formal briefings.

The Washington Post provided more details in its own story:
    In some cases, pilots—many of whom are engineers and academy graduates—claimed to observe small spherical objects flying in formation. Others say they’ve seen white, Tic Tac–shaped vehicles. Aside from drones, all engines rely on burning fuel to generate power, but these vehicles all had no air intake, no wind and no exhaust.

The Navy knows how this sounds. It knows what you must be thinking. But the fact stands that some pilots are saying they’ve seen strange things in the sky, and that’s concerning. So the Navy is trying to assure pilots that they won’t be laughed out of the cockpit or deemed unhinged if they bring it up. “For safety and security concerns, the Navy and the [U.S. Air Force] takes these reports very seriously and investigates each and every report,” the Navy said in a statement to Politico.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Just debbils in DC-8s.
    "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

I have no problem with the term UFO. I've seen them. But I very serious doubt they flying saucers but rather simply an object moving in the sky that I cannot identify.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I have no problem with the term UFO. I've seen them. But I very serious doubt they flying saucers but rather simply an object moving in the sky that I cannot identify.
        I think it's a very fitting term - they are objects that are flying, and we don't know what they are! I guess they're dealing with the stigma, and the fact that, in the past, military pilots would be reprimanded for saying anything about them over the radio, or they would suddenly get changes in assignments.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I think it's a very fitting term - they are objects that are flying, and we don't know what they are! I guess they're dealing with the stigma, and the fact that, in the past, military pilots would be reprimanded for saying anything about them over the radio, or they would suddenly get changes in assignments.
          I remember one conversation back in the Project Blue Book days where the recording has the pilot radioing in an unidentified object pacing him, and flight control asked "are you declaring you are seeing a UFO".... there was a pause, then the pilot said "negative". A number of recordings like that.

Comment

I remember one conversation back in the Project Blue Book days where the recording has the pilot radioing in an unidentified object pacing him, and flight control asked "are you declaring you are seeing a UFO".... there was a pause, then the pilot said "negative". A number of recordings like that.
            well at first people were talking about flying saucers and discs, then the military wanted to make it sound more obscure and official so they came up with "unidentified flying objects/UFO"

I guess now that UFO has become the popular term they want to use something different again.

I don't think the term "bogey" has been adopted by the UFO crowd that much yet.

Comment

Hmm... if it looks and acts like a drone, maybe it's just a drone!
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Considering how everybody and their brother has a camera in their cell phone one would think we'd seen some clear images or video of something by now. I mean images of tornadoes were relatively rare decades ago but now they're everywhere yet we still only get a handful of of "flying saucers" and the quality of them usually sucks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I heard the original "ufos" were some secret military thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Considering how everybody and their brother has a camera in their cell phone one would think we'd seen some clear images or video of something by now. I mean images of tornadoes were relatively rare decades ago but now they're everywhere yet we still only get a handful of of "flying saucers" and the quality of them usually sucks.
                    Cell phone cameras (at least the ones I've experienced) aren't so good at taking clear images of small light objects in dark skies.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      I heard the original "ufos" were some secret military thingy.
                      Some of them, no doubt, were.... and many of the "UFO" sightings have been un-unidentified as that.

Comment

I believe that any lights in the sky that are unidentifiable are simply angelic or demonic beings.

Perhaps waging warfare in the upper and lower atmospheres.

Daniel 10:13-20

Or angels merely going about the business of God.

Because I don't believe there is life anywhere else in the universe.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I thought those being were usually invisible?

Comment

Cell phone cameras (at least the ones I've experienced) aren't so good at taking clear images of small light objects in dark skies.
                            uh no silly. Our computers and cell phones are all made with alien technology from the Roswell crash and they automagically filter out any images of UFOs or aliens. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              uh no silly. Our computers and cell phones are all made with alien technology from the Roswell crash and they automagically filter out any images of UFOs or aliens. Duh.
                              I wasn't going to divulge that.

Comment