Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tucker Carlson, and comments on the history of FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucker Carlson, and comments on the history of FOX

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/media/tucker-carlson-misogynistic-comments/index.html

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize for his misogynistic remarks

New York (CNN Business)In the same week that Fox News is holding a big event for advertisers to promote its news brand, the network is battling multiple controversies about offensive remarks made by its right-wing hosts.

In one of the cases, Fox is distancing itself from Jeanine Pirro's remarks about Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's Islamic religious beliefs.
    But so far the network is not commenting on the case involving Tucker Carlson, who was called out by a progressive group for a history of misogynistic comments about women.
    In the years before Carlson became a Fox host, he called into the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio show and delighted the shock jock by saying all sorts of crude things.
    Media Matters for America, a progressive press watchdog which campaigns against Fox, obtained and published some of the audio clips on Sunday.

© Copyright Original Source

FOX has been tRump's sweetheart media source, and source of his White House staff.

As a side note I observe a great deal of very dark and violent TV series on FOX.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      As a side note I observe a great deal of very dark and violent TV series on FOX.
      The people who run Fox News have basically nothing to do with the programming on the main Fox channel, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        The people who run Fox News have basically nothing to do with the programming on the main Fox channel, and vice versa.
        They also had nothing to do with the programing for MSNBC 10 years ago. this is a case of Media Matters doing it's normal bullying tactic of fake outrage to try and shut down views it does not like and CNN going along with the bullying like they always do towards those who won't tow the false narrative they want to disseminate
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-11-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/media/tucker-carlson-misogynistic-comments/index.html

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize for his misogynistic remarks

New York (CNN Business)In the same week that Fox News is holding a big event for advertisers to promote its news brand, the network is battling multiple controversies about offensive remarks made by its right-wing hosts.

In one of the cases, Fox is distancing itself from Jeanine Pirro's remarks about Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's Islamic religious beliefs.
          But so far the network is not commenting on the case involving Tucker Carlson, who was called out by a progressive group for a history of misogynistic comments about women.
          In the years before Carlson became a Fox host, he called into the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio show and delighted the shock jock by saying all sorts of crude things.
          Media Matters for America, a progressive press watchdog which campaigns against Fox, obtained and published some of the audio clips on Sunday.

© Copyright Original Source

FOX has been tRump's sweetheart media source, and source of his White House staff.

Tucker Carlson reflects the misogynistic view of Donald Trump as does Fox News. In general Fox reflects everything about Trump favorably, albeit dishonestly according to New Yorker staff writer Jane Mayer, who published a thoroughly reported exposé about Fox News:

“In adding detail about the genesis of both Fox News and its symbiosis with Trump, Mayer offers a clear picture of how the network and this White House have exploited American misconceptions and resentments, all of which endanger the fundamental notions of a functional democracy. Through the network’s undue influence on Trump, it perpetuates cruel and harmful policy every day that he stays in the White House. Fox has created a monster, and by working in tandem, both the network and the president whom it sponsors are now significant threats to the overall health of the republic”.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...yorker-805485/
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Tucker's show is my favorite of the weekday shows. (Gutfeld's is my favorite overall.) I hope he continues to refuse to apologize. He said that the network is standing behind him. Frankly, I'm not real confident that will continue as more "shocking" tapes are released.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              Disagree.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                They also had nothing to do with the programing for MSNBC 10 years ago. this is a case of Media Matters doing it's normal bullying tactic of fake outrage to try and shut down views it does not like and CNN going along with the bullying like they always do towards those who won't tow the false narrative they want to disseminate
                Bullying? Oh brother.

Comment

I like this idea that anybody in the public eye is supposed to have lived a perfect life prior to becoming famous. Unless you're a liberal like Joy Reid, and then you can say the most hateful, bigoted things imaginable and get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I like this idea that anybody in the public eye is supposed to have lived a perfect life prior to becoming famous. Unless you're a liberal like Joy Reid, and then you can say the most hateful, bigoted things imaginable and get a pass.
                    Or be an unrepentant racists like Sarah Jeong who the New York Times hired to be part of their editorial board.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Tucker's show is my favorite of the weekday shows. (Gutfeld's is my favorite overall.) I hope he continues to refuse to apologize. He said that the network is standing behind him. Frankly, I'm not real confident that will continue as more "shocking" tapes are released.
                      Media Matters released more today. Hopefully Tucker and Fox won't cave.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Media Matters released more today. Hopefully Tucker and Fox won't cave.
                        Tucker won't. I don't have much hope that FOX will stick to its guns.

Comment

"I mean, Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys ― that’s why it wasn’t worth invading."

We could start a compilation of Tucker's greatest hits, eh?
                          Last edited by guacamole; 03-12-2019, 09:01 AM.
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

My problem is that Tucker Carlson was defending Child Rapist Warren Jeffs. He needs to do more than Apologize for that. He needs a shower. and soap in his mouth.
                            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                              My problem is that Tucker Carlson was defending Child Rapist Warren Jeffs. He needs to do more than Apologize for that. He needs a shower. and soap in his mouth.
                              Ooh. Do you have a quote in mind? That's would be another one for his greatest hits.

Here's one:

Originally posted by Fox news moron
                              The rapist, in this case, has made a lifelong commitment to live and take care of the person, so it is a little different. I mean, let's be honest about it.
                              Last edited by guacamole; 03-12-2019, 08:56 AM.
                              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                              Save me, save me"

Comment