Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Absolute FAVORITE Kitchen Appliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute FAVORITE Kitchen Appliance

We bought a bread maker many years ago, probably used it twice.

Food processor -- too many parts, too much of a pain to get out and use.

Juicer - what a mess - maybe used it 3 times.

Nutri-Blender - I actually use this EVERY morning to make healthy smoothies for Mrs CP and myself.

But my ALL TIME FAVORITE kitchen appliance is a PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER! I'ts "no touch" - you just wave your hand in front of one spot to dispense as much or as little towel as you want - using any brand of paper towel - then wave your hand over another spot to automatically cut the towel. I use this thing all the time!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The go to appliance for me is the fridge. I'm in and out of it constantly.

When my cat was much younger she went into it when she could.

Comment

Keurig coffee maker.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

My dad installed an induction stove last year, and he LOVES it. It boils water faster than a microwave.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah I like my Keurig coffee maker.

I just bought me an meat thermometer that broadcasts to my iPhone using bluetooth. Can't wait to try that out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          iDevice-Kitchen-Thermometer_3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Keurig coffee maker.
            Yeah, I was happy when I found out my wife and I could share a pot of coffee for less than 20 cents a cup with our old Hills Brothers Filter Packs, but the Kuerig lets us each have our own choice of whatever -- I still like my coffee and she loves her green tea.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My favorite thing is actually a thing we have at the store that I wish I could afford to have at home, the turbo oven. It's basically a convection oven. Can toast our sandwiches and quiche and pizzas like a stove in microwave time.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I have the smallest Keurig model where I have to pour in the water for the cup, but it's worth it.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I have a Max Burton induction hob and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    I have the smallest Keurig model where I have to pour in the water for the cup, but it's worth it.
                    That's the same one I have!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That's the same one I have!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Many of those were recalled due to some spraying out boiling water and a "fixed" model was released this year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Many of those were recalled due to some spraying out boiling water and a "fixed" model was released this year.
                          Haven't had any issues with mine, and it's almost 4 years old.

Comment

Haven't had any issues with mine, and it's almost 4 years old.
                            Most recalls aren't for defects that arise in every one of the products recalled. Just letting you know about the recall.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Most recalls aren't for defects that arise in every one of the products recalled. Just letting you know about the recall.

Might give me an excuse to get a new one.....

Comment