Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's State of the Union Aims for a Unifying Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's State of the Union Aims for a Unifying Tone

Trump's State of the Union Aims for a Unifying Tone

This, I gotta see!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Given the divisive and chaotic first two years, it will take a good deal more than one speech to cause people to take any olive branches he offers seriously. "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

He might surprise us by taking out a very sharp knife and cutting off his little finger, Yazuka style, while screaming something about all the lost children.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Given the divisive and chaotic first two years, it will take a good deal more than one speech to cause people to take any olive branches he offers seriously. "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"

Jim
        No argument.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It doesn't matter what tone Trump tries to set, liberals are going to caterwaul and reject anything he has to say before he even steps up to the podium.

Case in point:

See what I mean?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It doesn't matter what tone Trump tries to set, liberals are going to caterwaul and reject anything he has to say before he even steps up to the podium.
              That's not fair. You have no evidence whatsoever that... they would... ever do...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I wonder who she had to sleep with to arrange for that?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I wonder who she had to sleep with to arrange for that?

I was hoping T-Bone would be giving it.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

About that....

Can Stacey Abrams break the curse when she delivers the Democratic response to Trump's State of the Union?

Comment

Two points
                        • Georgia is no longer a deep red state but is decidedly purple
                        • She left a bad taste in many people's mouths (including among a number of those who voted for her) after the last election as a result of her bitterness and refusal to concede

Comment

I watched about 20-minutes of it. Seemed like a good speech. Trump made an excellent case for border security, and talked up the economy, noting that over 50% of newly created jobs have gone to women. That actually got the Democrats on their feet who had been stubbornly sitting up to that point, and Trump pointed to them and said, "You weren't supposed to do that!" Then when they started to take their seats, Trump said, "Oh, don't sit yet, you're going to like this next part," and then he mentioned that there are more women serving in Congress today than at any other time in US history which earned him another rousing round of applause followed by all of Congress shouting "USA! USA!"
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I watched about 20-minutes of it. Seemed like a good speech. Trump made an excellent case for border security, and talked up the economy, noting that over 50% of newly created jobs have gone to women. That actually got the Democrats on their feet who had been stubbornly sitting up to that point, and Trump pointed to them and said, "You weren't supposed to do that!" Then when they started to take their seats, Trump said, "Oh, don't sit yet, you're going to like this next part," and then he mentioned that there are more women serving in Congress today than at any other time in US history.
                            Quite a few 'united' Standing O's for that.... even cheering from the left.

Comment

I missed the explanation for why a bunch of the liberals are wearing white.

Comment