• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incense

I love the stuff.
    sigpic

Makes me sneeze.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Makes me sneeze.
      I understand that. The stuff is relaxing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I understand that. The stuff is relaxing.
        Almost everything makes me sneeze. I used to like incense and perfume and stuff like that. But I've got more sensitive as I've gotten older so I can't stand most fragrances things now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I grew up during a time when most folks burning incense were doing so to cover the odor of the pot they just smoked.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Almost everything makes me sneeze. I used to like incense and perfume and stuff like that. But I've got more sensitive as I've gotten older so I can't stand most fragrances things now.
            Wow, that must mean ...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I grew up during a time when most folks burning incense were doing so to cover the odor of the pot they just smoked.
              yeah.

theWall, is there something you are not telling us?

Comment

Wow, that must mean ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  yeah.

theWall, is there something you are not telling us?
                  I have been accused of being a stoner before. I am not despite my shaggy goatee, love of sixties and seventies jams, and my ability to eat massive amounts of Chinese food.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    I have been accused of being a stoner before. I am not despite my shaggy goatee, love of sixties and seventies jams, and my ability to eat massive amounts of Chinese food.
                    how-to-draw-shaggy-easy_3_000000010927_3.jpg

Comment

There is a perfume (I call it old lady's perfume) that some women wear, and wear way too much... when I walk down the isle in Walmart, for example, you can smell it in the air, and eventually you come across the individual wearing it. I have to think they must not have a sense of smell not to be choking on that "fragrance".

But, then again, I have issues with smells.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

EGGzackly.... and it became a "OK, there must be pot here, cause there's incense" issue to police.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          There is a perfume (I call it old lady's perfume) that some women wear, and wear way too much... when I walk down the isle in Walmart, for example, you can smell it in the air, and eventually you come across the individual wearing it. I have to think they must not have a sense of smell not to be choking on that "fragrance".

But, then again, I have issues with smells.
                          The cashier at the store was wearing fragrance the other day, and I thought it was really strong until a man came up beside me who smelled so strongly of cigarettes that I couldn't smell the perfume anymore.

I also couldn't breathe.

Mr. mossy was standing next to me and couldn't smell anything.

I can smell it when my next door neighbour is sitting outside on her deck smoking. It comes in through the cold air intake on our furnace. I also smell it every night after supper when their little dog goes out for his daily poop.

My best friend is so sensitive she has to wear a mask in certain places because of perfumes and colognes worn by other people who seem to have dumped the whole bottle on themselves. I'm getting to be that sensitive, too.

Am particularly sensitive to smoke.

Comment

The cashier at the store was wearing fragrance the other day, and I thought it was really strong until a man came up beside me who smelled so strongly of cigarettes that I couldn't smell the perfume anymore.

I also couldn't breathe.

I can smell it when my next door neighbour is sitting outside on her deck smoking. It comes in through the cold air intake on our furnace. I also smell it every night after supper when their little dog goes out for his daily poop.

My best friend is so sensitive she has to wear a mask in certain places because of perfumes and colognes worn by other people who seem to have dumped the whole bottle on themselves. I'm getting to be that sensitive, too.

And what's even worser - we had a nursery worker several churches ago who was a grandmotherly type, EXCELLENT with babies and children, but she was a smoker. So, she "covered it up" with perfume. The combination made me feel ill. A couple times, she babysat our kids at her house when we would need to be out of town, but we couldn't do that anymore cause we'd have to wash all their clothes and their diaper bags and anything that was in her house.

I hated not to use her, but it was just so overpowering. Her husband became gravely ill, and she had to stay home to take care of him, so she had to give up her nursery work at the Church. One of those mixed blessing things.

Comment

I also couldn't breathe.

weird. I have noticed my sense of smell has diminished as I get older.

Comment