Thread: "I don't know ... and you don't either."

Faith
    Private
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

"I don't know ... and you don't either."

The above is my usual illustrative phrase of "hard agnosticism." More formally, "If a deity exists, knowledge of said deity is impossible." (I will note that I rather doubt the existence of deity, but I am also persuaded that definitive knowledge that no such entity exists is beyond our capacity.)

What other naturalistic views do we have here on TWeb?
    "I am Noman, and Noman has done this to you!"

A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time.

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My conclusion thus far is that evidence for a deity is at best ambiguous. If there is one, I consider it functionally irrelevant. I don't agree that knowledge* of it is impossible, but I suspect it's not something that could ever be shared.

*Granting for the moment that knowledge is actually attainable, which I generally don't believe.
    I'm not here anymore.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Edited by a Moderator
    Moderated By: Sparko

Naturalism is for non-theists only.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Faith
    Deist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not really sure if I'm allowed in here, but I think that while there's probably some sort of creator, said creator does not seem to interact much if at all with the Universe, so whoever created the Universe is not really worth worrying about much.
    Moderated By: Sparko

Sorry. This area is for NON-THEISTS only. Not deists.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 06-27-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card