Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

That's funny because it's true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's funny because it's true

"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Yep.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

oh yeah!
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This guy, I swear...

Long story short, we broke up in November after three months of dating, for good reasons. He was disrespectful towards women (see the image below that I made in his honor) and had a severe blameshifting problem. I couldn't bring up anything in the relationship that was bothering me without him turning it around and insisting that my complaints were either my fault or my problem. I think it's a testament to how I've matured that I ended things relatively quickly, because younger me probably would have put up with the emotional abuse for much longer.

I initially blocked him on social media after breaking up with him, only to have him throw a fit and keep blowing up my cell with calls and texts, insisting that he still wanted to be "friends." I couldn't get him blocked on my cell phone no matter how many tutorials I read (something about my version of Android blah blah blah), so I took the path of least resistance and let him add me back as a "friend" on Facebook, but unfollowed him and tried to ignore him. I lived in fear of him spazzing out or saying embarrassing crap on my wall, but for the most part, he left me alone.

I finally decided it was dumb to keep him on as a "friend" just because I feared his tantrums and kicked him off friends in late April. I was hoping it would take him a while to notice; no such luck! Either he was still stalking my profile every single day or he runs one of those loser "who unfriended me?" apps, because he was bugging me about why I dropped him within hours. I was polite but firm about why I didn't want to be friends. He spazzed out, blameshifted and gaslighted, so I blocked him.

This time I was ready. I blocked him on Facebook, Google+, OKC, and Gmail. I blocked his texts, blocked calls to my cell, and blocked him on my home number. I went to my blog and IP-blocked him from commenting. I thought I had covered all of my bases. (BTW, he once tried to contact me after a fight using almost every one of those methods, so yeah, all of that blocking was necessary.)

And then... he tweeted me. I didn't even know that he had a Twitter account. My only response to him was #ByeFelipe before blocking him there.

About a week ago, I went to post a review on Yelp when something caught my eye. He had added me as a "friend" on Yelp, using an account that was created in April 2016 and for which he has posted no reviews (so he made it just to stalk me). I unfriended him and changed my settings so that people can't "friend" me there without my consent.

Where will he pop up next? LinkedIn? Goodreads? TheologyWeb? But it's actually been quiet since the Yelp-stalking, for which I am grateful.
        Attached Files
        "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X