Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not the typical guy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I have one son who does and one son who doesn't. Oldest played baseball and tried football, likes both...and cars! Younger son doesn't even have a drivers license at age 23... and could not care less about sports.
    The funny thing is that both of my girls play volleyball, my oldest climbs rocks, and my youngest loves to watch basketball.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

2. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I can't speak much--wife has me taken ballet classes.

I do like working on cars, but have given up all hope as to "fun" cars. Too expensive. All about cost. Which is kinda of another number: instead of looking for best 0-60 time, or quarter mile, or what have you, all about cost per mile. It's sorta the same, a numbers game... sorta. Sports, eh, it's not fun if you're not playing. Too boring to watch.

I fear my son won't be into guy stuff. I've (jokingly) offered to let him drive the car (or truck). No interest. I think he's scared. Then again. He has muscular dystrophy. :( In some ways I don't want him to get into stuff that he can't do when he's older. Bad of me I know. But as long as he is under my roof I'll always be looking out for his best interests.

I'm afraid I have no interests in his interests. Minecraft and the like. I guess it's a generational gap.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My son is not "into" sports or cars. He takes after his dad in those things.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I never liked sports much, but I did like cars. Still do. Not fixing them, just appreciating them. Probably the geek in me. The more high-tech the car the better.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love cars for getting places. Beats walking.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wouldn't call myself typical.
    I don't care much for cars or football and the like. I do enjoy camping. I like reading. History is pretty cool and I do kind of want to join the S.C.A.
    I suppose everyone has things they find fascinating that others can't wrap their heads around.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    So, how many of us have sons that aren't the "typical guy" who likes sports or cars?

As a youngster, I was only interested in playing baseball and soccer. Never found much need to sit for hours watching others play, and only if I could watch it live in person, not on TV.

As for cars, I enjoyed working on cars out of necessity, cause I never had money to pay mechanics. As I got older and was in a better financial position, I decided that rebuilding engines and repairing automobiles was something I could pay others to do.

I would not be the least bit worried or concerned if my son (I have two daughters) was not interested in sports or cars.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

9. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    My son is not "into" sports or cars. He takes after his dad in those things.
    Is he "into" bacon?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is he "into" bacon?
    How could he not be?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I guess I am not your typical guy. I mean does the "typical guy" keep bees?