Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What women want to hear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What women want to hear

Some women want to hear that they are beautiful. I only want to hear that taxation is theft.
    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: lilpixieofterror

Naughty Naughty...

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-26-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Get out, Leo!!!!!

You are beautiful. Taxation is not theft, however.

Well, at least you got one of them...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post
        Some women want to hear that they are beautiful. I only want to hear that taxation is theft.
        Some compliments are pure flattery just as some taxation could be classified as daylight robbery, however I think some is justified and necessary. There could be a lot more accountability as to how money is spent.

I just dont see how a situation where there are no taxes would work since we all need decent roads and our rubbish collected for the good of the entire community. How would you stop people who didnt think road tax a good idea from using your roads - policing that would be expensive. Most people would agree some taxes are necessary but that doesnt mean they will pay up.

What I would like to see is a skeleton tax system where we are only taxed for basic things like roads and police and refuse and certain health care.

Right now, I like that some of our taxes go on humanitarian things such as foreign aid and say homelessness here because sometimes even though I know I should support those, if left to my own devices I am often ignorant about where the needs lie. On the other hand there are also things for which they use our taxes which just gall me and these are things which conflict with my Christian identity. So if I had my was I would like there to be some flexibility as to what we could opt in or out of .

Comment

.. I think some is justified and necessary...

How much of my income are you justified in having? Will you come get it yourself, or only rely on government thugs to do it for you?

Just curious.

sigpic

Comment

.. I think some is justified and necessary...

How much of my income are you justified in having? Will you come get it yourself, or only rely on government thugs to do it for you?

Just curious.
            Here in UK our tax bands run something like this. Income £0-£32000 = 20% , £32001- £150000 = 40% over £150000 = 45% so I am guessing you would not be up for that however I am interested in how your community would run if there was no tax. How would such a system work in reality?
            Last edited by Abigail; 03-30-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

A moral argument does not require the victim to tell the thief how they will survive if they don't steal from me.

But through any voluntary means possible. The deep south found it unimaginable that the cotton would still get picked if we didn't have slaves. When violence is taken off the table as a justifiable means, other means will arise. They have in the past. If all the women on earth decided they didn't want to have children, the question of "but how will the human race pro-create" would not justify raping a single one of them.

sigpic

Comment

A moral argument does not require the victim to tell the thief how they will survive if they don't steal from me.

But through any voluntary means possible. The deep south found it unimaginable that the cotton would still get picked if we didn't have slaves. When violence is taken off the table as a justifiable means, other means will arise. They have in the past. If all the women on earth decided they didn't want to have children, the question of "but how will the human race pro-create" would not justify raping a single one of them.
                That is a fudge since the problem is getting violence off the table. A good deal of taxes are spent on mopping up the effects on the innocent of violence -damage to public property, arson, road accidents after drinking , people fleeing violent situations in other places and seeking asylum. We would all have a lot less to pay if violence was off the table but it isnt. Even the woman choosing not to have a child by having an abortion is violence - the difference here is the state wanting me to pay taxes to enable violence and that I have a problem with

Comment

Um, no - the South was afraid it would be unable to compete if the labor were wage instead of slave - and they were initially correct. It isn't until the invention of harvesters that could separate the cotton from the plant that cotton became competitive again - until Egypt and the others started using them. Cotton stopped being king in large part due to the loss of slavery.

A crop is a stupid argument for human bondage anyway.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

==That is a fudge since the problem is getting violence off the table.===

Umm no it isn’t. It is the primary issue. You can’t cure initiatory violence with initiatory violence. You can’t even define it without a clear understanding of rights.

== A good deal of taxes are spent on mopping up the effects on the innocent of violence -damage to public property, arson, road accidents after drinking , people fleeing violent situations in other places and seeking asylum.===

And there is no right to my body or funds to do so. You cannot use violence on me to remediate the effects of violence I didn’t cause.

== We would all have a lot less to pay if violence was off the table but it isnt. ====

And there is no right to my body or funds to do so.

==Um, no - the South was afraid it would be unable to compete if the labor were wage instead of slave - and they were initially correct. It isn't until the invention of harvesters that could separate the cotton from the plant that cotton became competitive again - until Egypt and the others started using them. Cotton stopped being king in large part due to the loss of slavery.

===

Thank you for proving my point.

Still waiting to hear. You gonna come rob me yourself, or is it only okay when the state does it?

==That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while - unless Scripture defines taxation as theft - and it doesn't - the analogy holds zero water. It's just plain dumb. You know full well God's law supersedes that of Man - so show that God's law is being violated by taxation when Jesus Himself did not say so. ===

Thou shalt not steal. Except when you vote for it in majority numbers.

The analogy holds perfect water since Jesus never said thou shalt not hold slaves either, and Paul sent the runaway back.

Oh…. yeah. Taxation is really really dumb too. Justifying it is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while. I can play that too. (would LOVE to hear the justification for the American Revolution…. Scripture is fine with excessive and unjust taxation …. )

Likely out of here again until my next random drop in. Sometimes I just gotta see how decent people justify their positive rights and entitlements against other people. And like to see how conservatives do it just as much as a big bad evullll libera

sigpic

Comment

==That is a fudge since the problem is getting violence off the table.===

Umm no it isn’t. It is the primary issue. You can’t cure initiatory violence with initiatory violence. You can’t even define it without a clear understanding of rights.

== A good deal of taxes are spent on mopping up the effects on the innocent of violence -damage to public property, arson, road accidents after drinking , people fleeing violent situations in other places and seeking asylum.===

And there is no right to my body or funds to do so. You cannot use violence on me to remediate the effects of violence I didn’t cause.

== We would all have a lot less to pay if violence was off the table but it isnt. ====

And there is no right to my body or funds to do so.

==Um, no - the South was afraid it would be unable to compete if the labor were wage instead of slave - and they were initially correct. It isn't until the invention of harvesters that could separate the cotton from the plant that cotton became competitive again - until Egypt and the others started using them. Cotton stopped being king in large part due to the loss of slavery.

===

Thank you for proving my point.

Still waiting to hear. You gonna come rob me yourself, or is it only okay when the state does it?

==That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while - unless Scripture defines taxation as theft - and it doesn't - the analogy holds zero water. It's just plain dumb. You know full well God's law supersedes that of Man - so show that God's law is being violated by taxation when Jesus Himself did not say so. ===

Thou shalt not steal. Except when you vote for it in majority numbers.

The analogy holds perfect water since Jesus never said thou shalt not hold slaves either, and Paul sent the runaway back.

Oh…. yeah. Taxation is really really dumb too. Justifying it is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while. I can play that too. (would LOVE to hear the justification for the American Revolution…. Scripture is fine with excessive and unjust taxation …. )

Likely out of here again until my next random drop in. Sometimes I just gotta see how decent people justify their positive rights and entitlements against other people. And like to see how conservatives do it just as much as a big bad evullll libera

You mixed up two different threads - and use the danged quote feature!

Your point was that things will eventually get done a generation after the change is made? Seriously?

The analogy is still crap - and the a priori fallacy doesn't help.
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 03-31-2016, 08:40 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I fell in love when he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "taxation is theft."

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X