Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is the US government good for our health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You wanting to stick your conspiratorial nose into my personal business. You don't need to know what medicine I have to take, nor what for.
    I'm sorry, I was thoughtless.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

A proposal in 2011 would have warned dentists and their patients to avoid fillings that contain mecury compounds, but top health officials squelched the proposal.

Thus possibly a great many people are by now dead or seriously injured as result.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...e28017817.html "Health officials kill proposal to curb mercury dental fillings" Greg Gordon, July 21, 2015, McClatchy DC, mcclatchydc.com
      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

Companies like Monsanto have long claimed their GMO crops were safe, and the FDA have gone along with that. But a paper -- linked here
        http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperIn...1#.Vbfui3hbv6Q
        -- claims that GMO soy is accumulating dangerous levels of formaldehyde, which has been ruled carcinogenic.

Comment

A part of this Congress bill H.R. 1599 -- https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/1599 --
          is this:
          A food label can only claim that a food is non-GMO if the ingredients are subject to certain supply chain process controls. No food label can suggest that non-GMO foods are safer than GMO foods.[Congressional Research Service]
          It's possible that the "controls" will prove to be prohibitive to small businesses. The result may be the GMO relative part of the food market becomes much greater than now. More people may eat GMO food than before.

Comment

According to Jenny Thompson of HSI, Florida Congressman William Posey is calling for a full Congressional investigation of allegations by whistleblower William Thompson that CDC scientists trashed data that showed a link between measles vaccines and autism. "CDC scientist: ‘We scheduled meeting to destroy vaccine-autism study documents'" Sharyl Attkisson, July 29, 2015, sharylattkisson.com https://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-scie...udy-documents/

Comment