Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Aborting Disabled/terminal Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    That guy left this thread. Want to discuss how horrifying the thought of involuntary euthanasia is? Or why anyone would think there's a moral dilemma of whether or not to kill someone for being disabled?
    A more interesting moral dilemma is whether or not we should modify the human genome to eliminate things like dwarfism.

I don't know that anyone would defend involuntary euthanasia. I think it's a separate question from aborting a severely disabled fetus, though. My wife and I have been toying with having another kid. There are a very tiny number if issues that, if present, would cause us to seriously consider aborting. That list does exist, though. Anencephaly is on it.

From a strict view where all abortion is murder, aborting due to severe issues would be killing someone for being disabled. It's easy to say that without considering the context, though.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Anyone want to discuss the implications surrounding aborting disabled babies? What about people killing babies for being a little girl and not a boy?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X