Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Aborting Disabled/terminal Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aborting Disabled/terminal Babies

So we have a thread like this? Anyways, couldn't killing a fetus just for having a disability be considered discrimination? And by the logic of the people who think that is okay, shouldn't all disabled people be given the Old Yeller treatment? I have hearing and vision deficits...

I DON'T WANNA BE PUT DOWN LIKE OLD YELLER!!!!!

Now, what would Jesus' view of this be? Of course, murder is always wrong, so He sure would not condone this sort of thing, but He help disabled people by healing them, not by "putting them out of their misery".
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    So we have a thread like this? Anyways, couldn't killing a fetus just for having a disability be considered discrimination? And by the logic of the people who think that is okay, shouldn't all disabled people be given the Old Yeller treatment? I have hearing and vision deficits...

I DON'T WANNA BE PUT DOWN LIKE OLD YELLER!!!!!

Now, what would Jesus' view of this be? Of course, murder is always wrong, so He sure would not condone this sort of thing, but He help disabled people by healing them, not by "putting them out of their misery".
    Hello.......
    I understand your opinion.
    But........... if you had to, could you make a decision based upon a difficult situation?
    Suppose, for example, a mother had given birth to a baby with severe hydrocephalus, clubbed feet, spina-bifida and with a chance of life but only after extensive operations and permanent care in the future. The Health Services will expend more money per annum on this person than the cost of inoculating the whole county's children against polio, measles and influenza in a single year.
    The baby will not ask to be fed......... it will simply die unless it is force fed.
    The mother does not look as if she could cope with such a disabled child, and her other two children will suffer in many ways if the mother is made to look after the chis child, even with County care.

What would your guidance be?

Sometimes it's tough to be in a decision-taking role.... yes?

Comment

Adoption is always an option. And by that logic, any one who's a drain on the system should be put to sleep. PERMANENTLY!

Comment

Adoption is always an option. And by that logic, any one who's a drain on the system should be put to sleep. PERMANENTLY!
        ....but what would be your guidance... to the parents?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
          ....but what would be your guidance... to the parents?
          Seriously? This is not a debate thread. Either shut up about that or get out of my thread. Murder is never an option.

Comment

Seriously? This is not a debate thread. Either shut up about that or get out of my thread. Murder is never an option.
            Each of my posts asked questions..... Only!

And all you did was shout and tell me to get away.
            I wouldn't want guidance or counselling like that.
            I will not ask any more questions..... I do not seek your answers anymore.
            I will not bother you again.

Comment

The thing is, this is the pro life area. Taking care of the child's needs or adoption are the only options. Of course there are programs and oranizations that will help take care of the child. Bringing up the lethal option is highly offensive. If you want to discuss that, you can make a thread about that in Civics.

How can people make it amoral dilemma over killing a disabled child? Yes, not feeding the child would be murder by neglect.
              Last edited by Christianbookworm; 04-07-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Moderated By: Jedidiah

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Involuntary euthanasia sounds horrifying. What if some one decided that anyone with a disability(even the minor ones) should be killed to put everyone else out of their misery? You know, like what the Nazi's did. Can I invoke godwin's law on the euthanasia issue?

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                    Hello.......
                    I understand your opinion.
                    But........... if you had to, could you make a decision based upon a difficult situation?
                    Suppose, for example, a mother had given birth to a baby with severe hydrocephalus, clubbed feet, spina-bifida and with a chance of life but only after extensive operations and permanent care in the future. The Health Services will expend more money per annum on this person than the cost of inoculating the whole county's children against polio, measles and influenza in a single year.
                    The baby will not ask to be fed......... it will simply die unless it is force fed.
                    The mother does not look as if she could cope with such a disabled child, and her other two children will suffer in many ways if the mother is made to look after the chis child, even with County care.

What would your guidance be?

Sometimes it's tough to be in a decision-taking role.... yes?
                    Debate and argument is specifically prohibited in this forum. It is an area for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. Nothing else allowed.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Debate and argument is specifically prohibited in this forum. It is an area for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. Nothing else allowed.
                      That guy left this thread. Want to discuss how horrifying the thought of involuntary euthanasia is? Or why anyone would think there's a moral dilemma of whether or not to kill someone for being disabled?

Comment

That is pretty much what the Nazi's did. They not only killed the jews, they murdered the old, infirm, mentally ill, etc. Systematic euthanasia of unwanted people.

Comment

Which, from what I've learned in my reading, was due to the influence of the idea of the Superman that was being advocated during the early 20th century. C. S. Lewis discussed this in "Abolition of Man".

I don't think this idea really went away.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Which, from what I've learned in my reading, was due to the influence of the idea of the Superman that was being advocated during the early 20th century. C. S. Lewis discussed this in "Abolition of Man".

I don't think this idea really went away.
                            Ubermensch? Superman makes me think of super powered aliens.

Comment

Ubermensch? Superman makes me think of super powered aliens.
                              I know. I don't recall exactly what the German word is.
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X