Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christian persecution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm basically with Darth here. These social persecutions attempts are attempts to erase Christianity from the western world. And unlike the ancient church suffering persecution, I feel like today's church is suffering because they put their tail between their legs and do nothing when evil men run amok.

As for being nobler than the competition, I generally keep in mind one of the events that happened during the Maccabean period. The Jews initially decided not to fight on the Sabbath day, and were slaughtered. Afterwards, they decided that they are going to have to fight even on the Sabbath so that God's chosen would not be erased from the earth. I think our modern situation parallels this event quite well. We're not under the same level of attack as our ancestors were, but an attack is still an attack, and it will get to that point if we do nothing.

My only real concern is if the media manages to effectually spin such events as you have mentioned into saying that Christianity should be stamped out even more harshly (they won't use said terms, but their message will mean the same thing). As long as that cannot happen, and as long as the antiChrists today are acting hypocritically and demanding tolerance for themselves while refusing it for others, I have a very hard time seeing why I should be concerned when they get the same treatment that they've delivered to others. Who knows, maybe getting the same treatment will eventually cause them to act consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      I dunno what you mean by rejoice but Christian organization should not have unrepentant, active sinners in official capacities. I really couldn't care less if gay organizations automatically fired Christians either. There's a difference between ideological organizations refusing to hire people whose ideology runs counter to theirs and companies like Mozilla who make mediocre software whose quality has absolutely nothing to do with the CEO's stance on marriage.
      Frankly you state my current concern quite well. I'm worried that I could lose my job because of my beliefs - not today, not tomorrow, not next month, or next year but in maybe 5 to 10 years. Since the Supreme Court decline to hear the appeal of the Arizona photographers; it looks to me like in a struggle between rights - freedom of religion is going to be the loser.
      Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 04-07-2014, 06:19 PM. Reason: wrong profession in AZ
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

"In fact, since 9/11 extremists affiliated with a variety of far-right wing ideologies, including white supremacists, anti-abortion extremists and anti-government militants, have killed more people in the United States than have extremists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology. According to a count by the New America Foundation, right wing extremists have killed 34 people in the United States for political reasons since 9/11. (The total includes the latest shootings in Kansas, which are being classified as a hate crime)...

Today in the United States, al Qaeda-type terrorism is the province of individuals with no real connection to foreign terrorists, aside from reading their propaganda online. Given this, it becomes harder to explain, in terms of American national security, why violence by homegrown right wing extremists receives substantially less attention than does violence by homegrown jihadist militants."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/14/op...nsas-shooting/
        Even though I quoted it, I don't necessarily agree with what he stated on the bottom of his post. He's actually a case in point of why I disagree. This stuff IS starting to get attention. When you couple this with the recent friction between liberals and conservative on other political issues, I'm seeing a gradual shift of media attention and hostile rhetoric from Muslim terrorism to potential domestic rightwing terrorism. The MSM is going crazy with the Bundy affair, even going so far as to label the protesters themselves terrorists. Anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro-gun rights, pro-Constitution, patriot movements are generally Christian at the core of these movements, which seem to now be the targeted groups of much attention and terrorist rhetoric in the MSM. I believe this is the shift that will eventually manifest as the persecution of Christians I've been expecting to come to America. All we need is another Oklahoma City type attack to really ratchet up the hostility in MSM and get society in a tizzy over this issue. Whether that occurs or not, I believe it will progressively get worse and worse regardless. How long it will take to correlate with Luke 21:12-17, I'm not sure. But the rhetoric is getting pretty frenetic and ugly.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X