Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The republican establishment and Trumps stance on abortion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think it's obvious that you have no idea at all how this works. It's more like the "hit man" (your baby killer buddies) convincing the woman (many times just a young girl) that her only option is abortion, and they'll either pay for it for her, or help her get it done. Many times, the young woman is not seeking the murder of her baby, because pinko commie liberals have convinced her it's not a baby at all - it's just a clump of tissue.

You're really screwed up in the head on this.
    CP, stop trying to make excuses. Why are you trying to defend those you believe to be baby killers. Focus on those who you believe have no excuse, who just want an abortion. Do you believe that they should be charged and sentenced accordingly like any other murderer?

Comment

I think it's obvious that you have no idea at all how this works. It's more like the "hit man" (your baby killer buddies) convincing the woman (many times just a young girl) that her only option is abortion, and they'll either pay for it for her, or help her get it done. Many times, the young woman is not seeking the murder of her baby, because pinko commie liberals have convinced her it's not a baby at all - it's just a clump of tissue.

You're really screwed up in the head on this.
      In the cases of abortion that have affected friends of mine, most of the mothers were on drugs or poor and a sgnificant person in their family talked them into the abortion because of their personal anger at the person for getting pregnant. The mothers have never truly gotten over the loss. Perhaps only one person I've met just "wanted the baby dead" and that actually REALLY bothered me, as it should.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        CP, stop trying to make excuses.
        Yeah, why not just kill the young lady AND the baby!

Why are you trying to defend those you believe to be baby killers.
        You're really not very bright. I'm not at all trying to defend abortion, which you support. If abortionists perform illegal abortions, they should pay the penalty - whatever it happens to be. That's determined by law, not emotion.

Focus on those who you believe have no excuse, who just want an abortion.
        Somebody who just wants to kill their baby should suffer the consequences of the law, whatever that happens to be. For somebody young and impressionable who gets talked into an abortion by the baby killers you support, there should be the consideration of extenuating circumstances.

Do you believe that they should be charged and sentenced accordingly like any other murderer?
        I have already explained that, and you obviously don't have the mental capacity to comprehend it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          In the cases of abortion that have affected friends of mine, most of the mothers were on drugs or poor and a sgnificant person in their family talked them into the abortion because of their personal anger at the person for getting pregnant. The mothers have never truly gotten over the loss. Perhaps only one person I've met just "wanted the baby dead" and that actually REALLY bothered me, as it should.
          I remember when I taught "College and Career" Sunday School class, one of the young female college students asked, during the class, if I though abortion was murder. I could tell by the way she asked it that there was more to this than simple curiosity. I asked her to stay after class, as we were about to dismiss anyway. She stayed in the room with my wife and myself, and I asked her "what's this all about?" She began sobbing and said, "I had an abortion this summer".

It was exactly like I am talking about - she was away from home for the first time, got pregnant, was afraid to tell her parents, so the guidance counselor at her college helped arrange her abortion, and actually talked her into it. She got the whole "it's not really a person" rationale, and the assurance that "it's only a clump of cells".

In her case, should she be punished beyond knowing that she killed her own baby?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In her case, should she be punished beyond knowing that she killed her own baby?
            You're assuming present day conditions. If abortion becomes illegal and becomes considered to be murder, then the criminality of abortion would become well known across the land. Also, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

(Personally, I don't want abortion to be legally considered to be murder.)
            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

I remember when I taught "College and Career" Sunday School class, one of the young female college students asked, during the class, if I though abortion was murder. I could tell by the way she asked it that there was more to this than simple curiosity. I asked her to stay after class, as we were about to dismiss anyway. She stayed in the room with my wife and myself, and I asked her "what's this all about?" She began sobbing and said, "I had an abortion this summer".

It was exactly like I am talking about - she was away from home for the first time, got pregnant, was afraid to tell her parents, so the guidance counselor at her college helped arrange her abortion, and actually talked her into it. She got the whole "it's not really a person" rationale, and the assurance that "it's only a clump of cells".

In my opinion even if it was illegal no. Pregnancy makes a woman vulnerable and in this case she was more vulnerable. Erlier I was accused of being misogynistic for pointing this out. But is the elephant in the room.....
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                You're assuming present day conditions.
                Yes, my Time Travel Machine is in the shop.

If abortion becomes illegal and becomes considered to be murder, then the criminality of abortion would become well known across the land. Also, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
                Hopefully, we don't lose the concepts of "due process" and "presumption of innocence", and she would have her day in court. While it is true that ignorance of the law is no excuse, it's also true that most courtrooms allow at least a degree of discretionary judgment, considering extenuating circumstances.

(Personally, I don't want abortion to be legally considered to be murder.)
                I think, given the country's current course, you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

In my opinion even if it was illegal no. Pregnancy makes a woman vulnerable and in this case she was more vulnerable. Erlier I was accused of being misogynistic for pointing this out. But is the elephant in the room.....
                  I deal with probably 15 to 30 of these cases a year, and it's a whole lot easier to condemn them to hell, like Jimmy wants to do, when you don't know their stories.

It's amazing that the baby killers now want to shift the blame to the "customers" of the very abortion mills they support.

Comment

I was accused of being misogynistic by little joe.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, why not just kill the young lady AND the baby!

You're really not very bright. I'm not at all trying to defend abortion, which you support. If abortionists perform illegal abortions, they should pay the penalty - whatever it happens to be. That's determined by law, not emotion.

Somebody who just wants to kill their baby should suffer the consequences of the law, whatever that happens to be. For somebody young and impressionable who gets talked into an abortion by the baby killers you support, there should be the consideration of extenuating circumstances.

I have already explained that, and you obviously don't have the mental capacity to comprehend it.
                      CP, you just don't get. Stop calling people stupid and try using your own brain. We are not discussing extenuating circumstances, you are, because you just can't help being contrary. You have only now answered the question at hand which is that you do believe that women, uncoerced women, who just want to have an abortion, should be charged and sentenced to life in prison and or death for premeditated murder. True or not?
                      Last edited by JimL; 04-04-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I was accused of being misogynistic by little joe.
                        Oh BROTHER!
                        Well, I believe my exact words were "...ALMOST comes off as misogynistic..." But, if the shoe fits...

BTW, I read our whole exchange word for word with my wife. She told me to tell you she agrees with my stance. She's had 3 babies FYI.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

CP, you just don't get.
                          Yes, I actually do.

Stop calling people stupid and try using your own brain.
                          Who have I called stupid?

We are not discussing extenuating circumstances, you are,
                          Yes, because, unlike you, I understand how the law operates, and extenuating circumstances quite frequently are a factor.

because you just can't help being contrary.
                          Contrary to your profound ignorance of the law, yes.

You have only now answered the question at hand which is that you do believe that, uncoerced woman, who just want to have an abortion, should be charged and sentenced to life in prison and or death for premeditated murder.
                          Wow, what terribly juvenile sentence structure!

True or not?
                          How bout asking an actual question?

Comment

Yes, I actually do.
                            Well if you do, you just don't want to speak to it.

Who have I called stupid?
                            At the drop of a hat, anyone who disagrees with you.

Yes, because, unlike you, I understand how the law operates, and extenuating circumstances quite frequently are a factor.
                            Yea, you understand that. Good for you CP. But we are not talking extenuating circumstances. Do you understand that?

Contrary to your profound ignorance of the law, yes.
                            We are not discussing extenuating circumstances CP. Can you understand that, or no?

Wow, what terribly juvenile sentence structure!
                            No, I think anyone can see the sentence was perfectly understandable until you omitted the word "women" after the word "that" in order to make it seem incoherent. But hey, whatever it takes to make yourself look and feel superior. But how about instead you just answer the question?

How bout asking an actual question?
                            Now who is acting stupid? You are acting, right?

Comment

This thread has gotten too nasty to continue. Can some Mod put it out of its misery?
                              Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

At the drop of a hat, anyone who disagrees with you.
                                I dare you to show me ONE time I called anybody stupid in this thread. '

Comment