Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Galilean Aramaic Thesaurus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galilean Aramaic Thesaurus?

Hello everybody....

I need help....... masses of it!
    I'm trying to objectively discover if there are multiple-meanings in given Aramaic words.
    For instance, when trying to research the word Swim in Aramaic I did get feedback (on translation sites) like 'Feather' and 'go'.
    So I'm looking for multiple or dual meanings for many words, but here are some:-

Galilean Aramaic:-
    Swim
    Crumb
    Stone
    Needle
    Tent
    Basket

Can anybody help me with this kind of research?

Thanks.

Have you used an Aramaic lexicon?

There is one online at http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/

With that site you might look up the english gloss to find a word to put into the Aramaic search.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Have you used an Aramaic lexicon?

There is one online at http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/

With that site you might look up the english gloss to find a word to put into the Aramaic search.
      Hello, and thank you very much.

I will be visiting that site today.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X