Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 04/05/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 04/05/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    An invitation to God…
    PEACE be unto you!

Got some decisions to make? Don’t make ‘em alone, read on.

Dear God,

Once again I find myself needing to make a decision. Once was a time when I would have asked for your opinion after I’d decided what I was going to do. However, as you already know that usually backfired on me. I remember on one occasion we bought a 1965 Pontiac Tempest convertible without even asking you before or after getting it. I wound u.p in a car accident nearing killing Patti, my friend Gordon, and me. I also remember in 2013 asking for your help in deciding whether or not to have heart surgery and with your blessing the experience turned into a real blessing.

A week or so ago the hard drive in my laptop computer finally died. It had one foot in the grave for some time and I have been saving all my files to the cloud but couldn’t do anything about the programs. Then one morning I turned it on and was greeted a faint, “Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.” Which translated from computer language to English is, “Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.”

Jesus, why did my computer have to die? You know I have this small one but it isn’t made for the heavy use I need a computer for. It doesn’t have a hard drive. I only have a fraction of the programs I use for writing for Glory Seed Devotionals and for NSM. I don’t have all the bible study programs use to further deepen my relationship with you. Why did not computer have to die? You know our budget doesn’t really allow buy another one although I can but it would really put a squeeze on us because it’s over 2 weeks before we get paid again.

The last couple of days my little one is beginning to give me trouble because it isn’t made to be used as I have been using it. I haven’t abused it, it’s just not made for this amount of use. So LORD I need your advice. I know the decision lies with me and I am not asking you to make it for me but I don’t want to make a decision without your opinion first. So there are two possibilities I’d like from you before I put us in a financial pinch. “Gary, I think it’s a good idea for you to get a computer now.” or “Gary, I don’ think it’s advisable right now, it would be best to wait awhile.” I will patiently await your advice.

As I’ve stated the decision is ultimately mine but I’d be a fool to go against your foreknowledge of the future. I often wonder how deeply you want to get into my day-to-day life after all me having a computer is nothing compared to everything else your involved in so why should you concern yourself with me and my computer problems? Even though I wonder the bottom line is this – Thank you God for loving us and involving yourself in our day-to-day life in spite of us!

AMEN!

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X