Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Whole Milk vs 2%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why would I not care?

The problem is not an inability to find "this information" - it's finding too much conflicting information.
    It is the internet's fault.

Comment

Why would I not care?

The problem is not an inability to find "this information" - it's finding too much conflicting information.
      Just wait a decade. Everything they currently say is bad for you will be good and vice versa. Remember when we were told how eating eggs will kill you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Just wait a decade. Everything they currently say is bad for you will be good and vice versa. Remember when we were told how eating eggs will kill you?
        In health class in 5th or 6th grade they stressed to be sure to get "enough" iodized salt to prevent goiter, and they showed us pictures of people with great big skin bags on their necks.... I salted EVERYTHING, and now I'm told to cut way back on salt. They want me to get goiter, I guess.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          They do base them on things like the food pyramid (which gets updated but doesn't change drastically), and generally recommend portion-size control and more exercise.
          (in jest )
          Who you tryin' to fool? Does THIS look anything like a PYRAMID?!?!?!

food pyramid.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

(in jest )
            Who you tryin' to fool? Does THIS look anything like a PYRAMID?!?!?!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14701[/ATTACH]
            Replace all that with and you have the right "pyramid"

big-pile-of-bacon.jpg

Comment

I ate lobster ravioli last night with ceaser salad and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. And I had sweet tea for dinner
              There It covered every thing. Oh It was my Birthday.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                I ate lobster ravioli last night with ceaser salad and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. And I had sweet tea for dinner
                There It covered every thing. Oh It was my Birthday.
                What? No Geritol?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  What? No Geritol?
                  I take my multi in the mornings... Since when is 32 old?
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey that fits the life of every pirate! What's wrong with eating raw meat and being drunk? The alcohol kills any germs in the meat.

And I walked down the street and found these drugs on sale at walgreens, called "Tylenol" and unless I take a dozen at a time, I dont think they are bad for me. Smoking would be bad because it means you are on fire. I have to give you that one.
                    When I was a kid I ate raw meat. I don't do it today because of the way meat animals are medicated. And parasites.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      When I was a kid I ate raw meat. I don't do it today because of the way meat animals are medicated. And parasites.
                      I like medium rare steaks but I would never eat a hamburger that wasn't cooked medium well.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        I take my multi in the mornings... Since when is 32 old?
                        woah 32???? I thought you were only 29 or so. Wow you got old fast! When do you retire? Have you yelled at kids and told them to get off your lawn yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Thus the alkyhol.

Comment

Hey that fits the life of every pirate! What's wrong with eating raw meat and being drunk? The alcohol kills any germs in the meat.

And I walked down the street and found these drugs on sale at walgreens, called "Tylenol" and unless I take a dozen at a time, I dont think they are bad for me.
                            That would explain your liver.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X