Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oh The Horror - "Jesus Lunch!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, this part....

"There are some students that when they know this day is coming, they will leave school early,” he told the news organization. “We have some students that staff will find sitting in the hallway crying.”

If a Christian kid were to say that about some support group for gender confused kids, it would be labeled hate speech, and the Christian kid would be ridiculed.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      This is not about free speech. Bribing kids with food so that they can be brainwashed with ridiculous Jesus lies is child abuse.
      We can always count on you to up the idiocy content of any given thread

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        My guess is if it was a "LGBT Lunch" it would be mandatory...
        My guess is that if it were Muslims luring your children with food and teaching them the Koran, you'd all be siding with the school.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          My guess is that if it were Muslims luring your children with food and teaching them the Koran, you'd all be siding with the school.
          Nope! My children wouldn't attend, but I wouldn't be up in arms over it.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Comment

Where do they have schools where they let you leave the building for lunch? For me it's one of those things you always hear about them doing "in the old days".
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Kids in my town and the area in general leave school at lunch time. They end up at the local grocery store that has a deli with pizza, or the 7-11 or the DQ or whatever happens to be near the school.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Where do they have schools where they let you leave the building for lunch? For me it's one of those things you always hear about them doing "in the old days".
                  That was like my brother's High School in Maryland. His yearbook shows the students smoking cigarettes in the halls. Us? We had to sneak out like God intended although we did have a smoking area.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Uh, no. I would not object to it, but I would explain to my kids why I don't think they should go and make sure that they have an alternate plan.

You're projecting again Jim. It's public property. If a muslim group wanted to do what this group is doing, that is their legal right. Just because I completely disagree with their ideology, does not mean that I think they should not be allowed to speak about it.
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

The local high school here where I live you have kids out and about in town getting lunch.

Which means some kids eat their packed lunch, others eat pies, or fish 'n chips, or curry, or pizza, or whatever else they want to.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Nope. It's off campus, tax payers aren't be forced to support it and nobody is required to attend nor is the school offering incentives if they do.

Comment

The problem is, as mentioned above, if it were Muslims the school would make it manditory.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            You're projecting again Jim. It's public property. If a muslim group wanted to do what this group is doing, that is their legal right. Just because I completely disagree with their ideology, does not mean that I think they should not be allowed to speak about it.
                            That is the difference between liberals and conservatives. To conservatives tolerance means we put up with it. To liberals tolerance means we tolerate what I say.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I used to deliver pizza (when I say "used to" I mean like six months ago) and we'd get orders to a couple of the local high schools all the time, and I would see students leaving around lunch time to go get lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                That is the difference between liberals and conservatives. To conservatives tolerance means we put up with it. To liberals tolerance means we tolerate what I say.

Comment