Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Banker Rattled Over My Gender

Yup....

My wife owns a graphics design company, and I did some work for her company, for which I collected a check today for $13,700. Naturally, I wanted to deposit it, but my name is not on her company account. I figured I'd just use her company debit card, do a deposit, and be done with it.

Well, a very chipper helpful young lady identified herself as the branch manager of the bank, and insisted on helping me do the deposit on their "in house" ATM.

"Just insert the card right there", she instructed, which I did. Immediately, the screen showed up "Please contact your banking authority".

Uh oh. I pulled the card out, and noted that it had expired in January 2015.

"No Problem", the cheery branch manager offered, "we'll just do it at my desk!"

She used the expired debit card to get the account number, then looked up our accounts. We have a number of accounts, as i also own a couple of businesses.

For the first time, though, she wasn't smiling a big friendly smile, and she looked at me and said, "You're not Linda*!"

I just couldn't help myself... I got all serious looking, and said, "in this day and age of gender identification and confusion, are you SURE you should be making such a declaration?" I managed not to smile.

She looked horrified, taken aback, speechless.....

Finally, she stammered... "well, um... that doesn't matter, since you're only making a deposit, and you have your ID". (She never asked for ID)

I explained to her I was only kidding, and she took a deep breath, then laughed, then gave me the receipt for the deposit. She laughed again, and said, "you really had me going, there!"

What interesting times in which we live!

*not my wife's real name.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Yes. That's the problem. You first have your wife and now you were using the card for this Linda person.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-22-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I figured she was confused by the name "Cow Poke" since you're not a cow but a bull (or at least full of it )

Sorry. I really tried but I just couldn't refrain from adding the last bit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Yes. That's the problem. You first have your wife and now you were using the card for this Linda person.

OK, I should either have used my wife's real name for the story, or just "forgot" to mention that I'm using a different name for the purposes of privacy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

let's go back... $13K for some graphics? need any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Nepotism is alive and well deep in the heart of Texas

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My dad does computer graphics too. Particularly 3D stuff. He's even done a McDonald's commercial.

Comment

Part of that was for an 84" LED TV / Interactive SmartBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Nepotism is alive and well deep in the heart of Texas
                  We set up the company for her, because she was thinking about taking early retirement, and needed something to do. She just can't seem to "pick a date" to retire, so I've been doing some of her web design and graphics stuff, along with Network Support. She's getting a bunch of certifications for design work from her employer, so she should be "ready to go" if she ever decides to retire and "work for fun".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    We set up the company for her, because she was thinking about taking early retirement, and needed something to do. She just can't seem to "pick a date" to retire, so I've been doing some of her web design and graphics stuff, along with Network Support. She's getting a bunch of certifications for design work from her employer, so she should be "ready to go" if she ever decides to retire and "work for fun".
                    something to do? isnt she busy enough taking care of you and Jake?

Comment

something to do? isnt she busy enough taking care of you and Jake?
                      She claims I stole her dog - Jake won't have much to do with her - he follows me around all the time, and wants to go wherever I go. But she's a good girl and likes to stay busy.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I figured she was confused by the name "Cow Poke" since you're not a cow but a bull (or at least full of it )

Sorry. I really tried but I just couldn't refrain from adding the last bit.
                        Y'know, the name is Cow POKE, and "poke" has a metaphorical usage, so...
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment