Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

VA Loans - and My Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THREE YEARS ago already!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• WOW --- just saw TxDOT's PROJECT MAP for my old neighborhood!!!! The new Aggie Expressway is going RIGHT NEXT TO my old property! SO GLAD we are outta there. Property values had really collapsed, so those properties near me that were purchased by the State for expansion were purchased for "market value" that was really low.

We literally sold "high", as it was expected that Exxon was going to be building a huge plant nearby, and my neighborhood would have been an excellent "bedroom community" for the Exxon campus.

AFTER we sold, news spread that Exxon had cancelled their plans, and property values plummeted.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        WOW --- just saw TxDOT's PROJECT MAP for my old neighborhood!!!! The new Aggie Expressway is going RIGHT NEXT TO my old property! SO GLAD we are outta there. Property values had really collapsed, so those properties near me that were purchased by the State for expansion were purchased for "market value" that was really low.

We literally sold "high", as it was expected that Exxon was going to be building a huge plant nearby, and my neighborhood would have been an excellent "bedroom community" for the Exxon campus.

AFTER we sold, news spread that Exxon had cancelled their plans, and property values plummeted.
        Kinda sucks for the bloke who bought your old house. But I am glad it's not affecting you.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
          Kinda sucks for the bloke who bought your old house. But I am glad it's not affecting you.
          Yeah, he was a good guy - and I hate that for him, but, yeah.... he knew at the time there was a project coming through, but I don't think any of us thought it would come so close!

Comment