Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Creationist suit tossed in Kansas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Or, what exactly do you follow when you follow Christ for both God and Christ are phantasmal characters in the book that are brought to life purely in your imagination.
    See - that is your opinion. It is not something that can be proved any more than I can prove to you God and Christ are real. So you live your life believing God and Christ are a phantasy, and I live my life believing they are real.

Which of us is correct we will never know if you are correct (if you are correct we die and are no more. So while we would be no more, we wouldn't know the resolution of the question). And if I am correct, we will only know after it is too late to do much about the consequences.

But in the end you denigrate that which is objectively a very powerful force for good in many peoples lives. I'm not saying religion is always good, but on the balance, and certainly as regards the Christian faith, the good is significant and measurable at almost all levels. So it would seem a less arrogant approach would be to recognize that and not be quite so cynical.

But even more - how about taking some time to understand rather than just dismiss and ridicule There are a large number of people that believe. And a large number whose lives have been turned completely around for the good through their faith. Clearly - at least in those cases - there is more to faith in God than your strawmen characterizations are willing to admit.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      See - that is your opinion. It is not something that can be proved any more than I can prove to you God and Christ are real. So you live your life believing God and Christ are a phantasy, and I live my life believing they are real.

Which of us is correct we will never know if you are correct (if you are correct we die and are no more. So while we would be no more, we wouldn't know the resolution of the question). And if I am correct, we will only know after it is too late to do much about the consequences.

But in the end you denigrate that which is objectively a very powerful force for good in many peoples lives. I'm not saying religion is always good, but on the balance, and certainly as regards the Christian faith, the good is significant and measurable at almost all levels. So it would seem a less arrogant approach would be to recognize that and not be quite so cynical.

But even more - how about taking some time to understand rather than just dismiss and ridicule There are a large number of people that believe. And a large number whose lives have been turned completely around for the good through their faith. Clearly - at least in those cases - there is more to faith in God than your strawmen characterizations are willing to admit.

Jim

Comment