Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

It's Official - I Have Parosmia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I'm basically super sensitive in all my senses. The nerve damage counteracts this a little, but not much. One time I woke up in our house smelling smoke. It freaked me out, I thought maybe a fire was starting in our house. Turns out it was people having a bonfire about 3 or 4 houses away.
    Flaring tin, are we?
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I often smell things that no one else does. So I am either having little strokes all the time or I am just more sensitive. Like brum, I can smell smoke from a long way away. And I find, that as time goes on, I am more sensitive to perfumes and after shave lotions and such. Poor Mr. mossy has a hard time finding cologne that doesn't make me sneeze.
      He could...just not wear cologne? These days I'm somewhat surprised when I encounter people wearing cologne or perfume. Aftershave is a little different, but I don't use it either.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        You have Parosmia? Well that stinks.

Out loud!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          He could...just not wear cologne? These days I'm somewhat surprised when I encounter people wearing cologne or perfume. Aftershave is a little different, but I don't use it either.
          He is actually pretty good about it. He shaves in a different bathroom than what I use, and he doesn't use anything when he is at home. By the time he comes home from work in the late afternoon, most of what he wears is worn off.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Flaring tin, are we?

What does that even mean?

Comment

He is actually pretty good about it. He shaves in a different bathroom than what I use, and he doesn't use anything when he is at home. By the time he comes home from work in the late afternoon, most of what he wears is worn off.
              That's nice of him. He still wears it at work, though? Is there a particular reason?
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

What does that even mean?
                Source: Allomantic Use

A tin Misting is known as a Tineye. Burning tin grants an Allomancer increased sensitivity in all five senses.[1] Furthermore, they are able to see through the mists that cover Scadrial.[2] An Allomancer can flare tin, causing a huge burst of sensory input, to clear his head from pain or exhaustion.[3] Tin will allow an Allomancer to see in the dark.[4]

© Copyright Original Source

I'm pretty sure several people around here have read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. I thought you were one.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Source: Allomantic Use

A tin Misting is known as a Tineye. Burning tin grants an Allomancer increased sensitivity in all five senses.[1] Furthermore, they are able to see through the mists that cover Scadrial.[2] An Allomancer can flare tin, causing a huge burst of sensory input, to clear his head from pain or exhaustion.[3] Tin will allow an Allomancer to see in the dark.[4]

© Copyright Original Source

I'm pretty sure several people around here have read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. I thought you were one.
                  Nope. I've never even heard of that series. It's been a while since I've gotten to read anything other than comic books*. Books I want tend to be more expensive than I would like to pay, or I have no way of obtaining them digitally. For the past several years I haven't able to read anything that's not on a backlit screen without making my headache worse. Hopefully this odd RSD symptom will go away. Hasn't so far though.

*Marvel Unlimited is pretty nice. Although it didn't have everything I wanted to read, I did get more than my money's worth. My subscription ended just a few days ago.

Comment

Nope. I've never even heard of that series. It's been a while since I've gotten to read anything other than comic books*. Books I want tend to be more expensive than I would like to pay, or I have no way of obtaining them digitally. For the past several years I haven't able to read anything that's not on a backlit screen without making my headache worse. Hopefully this odd RSD symptom will go away. Hasn't so far though.

*Marvel Unlimited is pretty nice. Although it didn't have everything I wanted to read, I did get more than my money's worth. My subscription ended just a few days ago.
                    I don't know the last time I bought a book. The library has tons of them for free. A lot of libraries operate in networks where you can even loan books from different systems. These days you can even checkout e-books. Easy enough to read them on a tablet.

Most of the classics you can get on gutenberg.org, too. I'm pretty sure Amazon Prime has a lot of free and/or reduced e-books.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

That's nice of him. He still wears it at work, though? Is there a particular reason?

He's old, so probably from habit.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He's old, so probably from habit.

Fair enough. I'm not criticizing, mind, just trying to understand. Growing up, cologne was for church and even then mostly for special occasions.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

do you have a kindle? I have a library of like 10,000 books I could give you. plus like Carr said, most libraries have digital books you can borrow and there are tons of free books on the web. If you have amazon prime, you even get a free book every month and can borrow kindle books for free from their library.

Comment

I don't know the last time I bought a book. The library has tons of them for free. A lot of libraries operate in networks where you can even loan books from different systems. These days you can even checkout e-books. Easy enough to read them on a tablet.

Most of the classics you can get on gutenberg.org, too. I'm pretty sure Amazon Prime has a lot of free and/or reduced e-books.
                            I haven't been to a library in years. My immune system isn't exactly very good, and it's kind of difficult to clean a book. I'll look into checking out e-books though. I haven't been able to think of much that would be on gutunberg.org that either I haven't already read, or would actually be interested in reading. We had Amazon Prime for the free trial, but it was kind of expensive. We just don't buy from Amazon enough to justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              do you have a kindle? I have a library of like 10,000 books I could give you. plus like Carr said, most libraries have digital books you can borrow and there are tons of free books on the web. If you have amazon prime, you even get a free book every month and can borrow kindle books for free from their library.
                              I have the Kindle Fire, I think it even might be an HD model. I need to set it up so I can read the stuff on my PC screen. It's a bit easier for me that way.

Comment

I have the Kindle Fire, I think it even might be an HD model. I need to set it up so I can read the stuff on my PC screen. It's a bit easier for me that way.
                                Well get this program:

https://calibre-ebook.com/

It is an ebook library manager. It has a reader built in, and can read and convert all sorts of ebook formats. So you could read on your computer, or convert it for your kindle. I will try to get you my calibre library which has thousands of books. Lot's of fantasy and scifi stuff. And you can download ebooks from various online sites and put them in the calibre library too.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X