Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

A proof for the Stationary Earth

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JM, true or false that was a very enjoyable read.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Gaaaaahhhhh.....
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
        I got the telescope out and could not see a 747 flying N-S. Also the Mars atmosphere does not act like that of Earth. Apparently Mars has near universal dust storms, which means the atmosphere on Mars is very different to that of earth.

No near universal storms on Earth. Therefore not much correspondence between Earth and Mars atmospheres.

That was easy and the problem remains unanswered.

The earth is stationary.

JM
        You are not thinking clearly nor do you have your facts correct nor did you actually take a telescope out and observe Mars.

(1) Mars is a desert planet.
        (2) The dust storms there are seasonal and only rarely envelop the entire planet.

If your assessment of its atmospheric properties were correct, these dust storms would be continuous and almost always planet wide. They are not.

Further, on 'clear' days - of which there are many on mars(indicative of little to only slight surface winds - only possible if the atmosphere rotates with the planet), one typically sees on the limbs (morning/evening there) the formation of clouds associated with the change in temperature as that area of the planet moves from day to night, or night to day, much as the do on the Earth. Other cloud and atmospheric features move with the rotation of the planet or at the more modest speeds over the surface associated with typical wind patterns, not the crazy kind of differential winds forecast by your expose.

You would know these things if you were a regular observer of Mars using a telescope.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Well he has folks responding. I expect that is his goal.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            The same physical forces that keep the atmosphere rotating with Mars keep the Earth's atmosphere rotating with it.
            You forgot to mention that the atmospheric rotation started during the process by which the Earth formed by condensing material from the sun's primordial disk. It would be a great opportunity to infuriate Jorge and drag him into this insanity with us.
            "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
              You forgot to mention that the atmospheric rotation started during the process by which the Earth formed by condensing material from the sun's primordial disk. It would be a great opportunity to infuriate Jorge and drag him into this insanity with us.
              Jorge is a closet Geocentrist, but hasn't yet 'come out', so he'll stay away ...

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Jorge is a closet Geocentrist, but hasn't yet 'come out', so he'll stay away ...

Jim
                IIRC, awhile back during the pre-crash Tweb Jorge indicated sympathy for that position but refused to say anything more on it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So do tell us Roy - if the earth was a non rotating globe and the 747 flies N-S from the south pole, what W-E atmospheric velocity effects would occur on the 747?

JM
                  JM, if the Earth is a non-rotating globe then how do communication satellites in geostationary orbit keep from falling straight to the ground due to gravity?

NOTE: This is the same question I've asked the moonbat for years, ever since he started with the stationary Earth nonsense. He's never provided an answer. I don't expect one now either.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                    JM, if the Earth is a non-rotating globe then how do communication satellites in geostationary orbit keep from falling straight to the ground due to gravity?

NOTE: This is the same question I've asked the moonbat for years, ever since he started with the stationary Earth nonsense. He's never provided an answer. I don't expect one now either.
                    They use velcro to stick themselves to the Aether. duh.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      IIRC, awhile back during the pre-crash Tweb Jorge indicated sympathy for that position but refused to say anything more on it.
                      Our memories are in sync

Comment

The Coriolis effect is also in some cloud formations, apparently due to earth rotation. Yet, there is no local wind caused by the W-E velocity difference of the 747 at Sydney and the equator, even though the velocity difference is 277 km/hr. So Roy admits the rotating earth does affect the clouds and the 747, but not in the way I have stated. What's going on here?
                        Must... resist...
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Must... resist...
                          It is indeed difficult. After all...

It tends to suck you in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Geostationary Claim – the lack of wind velocity experienced on 747 jets by the relative rotation of the atmosphere is proof that the rotating atmosphere model is false and therefore the stationary earth model is true.
                            False dichotomy.
                            So do tell us Roy - if the earth was a non rotating globe and the 747 flies N-S from the south pole, what W-E atmospheric velocity effects would occur on the 747?
                            So you don't know what a false dichotomy is.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

You would know these things if you were a regular observer of Mars using a telescope.
                              Sure?

Comment

JM, you should offer your expertise as a science consultant to the Syfy channel movie productions. They're always looking for talent of your caliber.
                                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment