Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

LDS church will/won't changet about gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS church will/won't changet about gays

Interesting reading.

Personally I think it only a matter of time until the LDS church embraces the homosexual lifestyle.

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.o...homosexuality/
    Last edited by Trout; 04-28-2016, 09:20 AM.
    The last Christian left at tweb

Yup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That was a good article. It was a fair analysis of both sides of the issue.

I think in the end, the LDS church will slowly allow gays in their midsts. Then gay marriage, then gay bishops and leaders. They will probably announce a new revelation from God on the matter so they can save the face of their previous prophets. Kinda like when God conveniently told them to stop being polygamists.

come to think of it, the polygamy sort of allowed gay marriage in the first place. After all, the wives were married to each other as well as the husband. And who knows what went on in the bedrooms?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        That was a good article. It was a fair analysis of both sides of the issue.

I think in the end, the LDS church will slowly allow gays in their midsts. Then gay marriage, then gay bishops and leaders. They will probably announce a new revelation from God on the matter so they can save the face of their previous prophets. Kinda like when God conveniently told them to stop being polygamists.

come to think of it, the polygamy sort of allowed gay marriage in the first place. After all, the wives were married to each other as well as the husband. And who knows what went on in the bedrooms?
        I think the only thing in question really is the timeline.

I grew up with many polygamist neighbors. They were all quite moral and honest people. Fast more moral than today's average college students.
        The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X