Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

State Farm Syndrome Derail:Miracles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    ...But thank you for admitting there is nothing the unbiased panel could say that would convince you of the resurrection. It is exactly what Adrift said a long time ago. You invent some mythical expert panel that could never exist and set the bar so high that you would never accept any conclusion other than "we don't know" or "it was natural" - all merely to appear open minded while handwaving away any arguments or evidence for miracles.

"Oh sure I would believe in miracles but first it would take an unbiased expert panel to prove it was real" and then of course there is nothing this panel could do or say to convince you.

busted.
    If "I don't know what happened" was truly his stance, he might just go agnostic. Isn't that what Mr. Ehrman does? (IIRC. I may be wrong here)

Yet behold Gary, anti-miraculous in all his naturalistic glory(?).
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      ??
      Where was this?
      http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post311107

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      I never claimed that any moral stance is "true". I only claimed that the modern, Western, moral stance...is!

The current, Western moral stance exists, like it or not, whether true or false in your worldview.

There is no "true" morality...only a morality that you personally choose to live by, whether than be the current morality of your "herd" or that of a minority in the herd, or your own morality. However, if whatever non-majority morality you choose to conduct your behavior within is too far outside the norms of morality of the herd, you just might find yourself expelled...or eliminated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I'd say that was an easy call, but did any of us expect more?
        nope. Gary likes to sound egalitarian and propose some method that would convince him, but he always has an out. Nothing will convince him. If Jesus himself appeared to Gary and did any miracle he asked for, he would claim it was just a prank or he was secretly drugged

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
          Group hysteria. No, I don't believe it and neither do the majority of non-charismatic Protestants. (Yes, I have polled them all!)
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

It
            is
            a
            superstition, folks!
            Try not to write by speaking the words, or writing them as if people hear a voice in their head saying this. I don't, but I get that's the intention you want. All it does, is make for ugly editing. The same goes with the all cap words.

Please refrain from these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Try not to write by speaking the words, or writing them as if people hear a voice in their head saying this. I don't, but I get that's the intention you want. All it does, is make for ugly editing. The same goes with the all cap words.

Please refrain from these things.
              No.

Comment

No.
                You're quite the rebel, aren't you?

Comment