Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Have These People No Shame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Global warming causes string bikinis too.
    Then it can't be bad!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Anyone can see that people in equatorial climates commit a lot more crimes than people in arctic climates. Of course, there are more people in warmer climates.

More seriously, it would be interesting to know whether crime rates are generally higher in warmer climates, or whether they are more related to warm periods in places people aren't used to the higher temperatures. I have no idea how one would control for all potentially relevant variables. Seems to me there are so many of them that even with ALL the information, citing what's relevant would be like citing scripture - first pick a conclusion, then select what fits.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Then it can't be bad!
        Your tastes may be particularly eclectic, but my impression is that string bikinis are enticing to look at on about 1% of the women. The other 99% hopefully know better.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
          Your tastes may be particularly eclectic, but my impression is that string bikinis are enticing to look at on about 1% of the women. The other 99% hopefully know better.

I'll go for at least 10%. I am an optimist with an imagination.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Most of those 1% are photoshopped.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Anyone can see that people in equatorial climates commit a lot more crimes than people in arctic climates. Of course, there are more people in warmer climates.

More seriously, it would be interesting to know whether crime rates are generally higher in warmer climates, or whether they are more related to warm periods in places people aren't used to the higher temperatures. I have no idea how one would control for all potentially relevant variables. Seems to me there are so many of them that even with ALL the information, citing what's relevant would be like citing scripture - first pick a conclusion, then select what fits.
              True story. Just moments ago, I snatched Sparko's bacon at the moment of this writing.

To be like them goody-two shoe snow lovin' northerners, over my dead body.
              Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
              As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

This is true, but oh, that one percent!
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  This is true, but oh, that one percent!
                  That's where you should be looking for proof that God exists.
                  "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                    That there are only one percent of the female bodies that you find desirable?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Or proof of the Devil...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        That there are only one percent of the female bodies that you find desirable?
                        Not at all. I'd say an even higher percentage would look better without the bikini.

Comment

OK, is it just me, or is this getting kind of creepy?
                          "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

OK, is it just me, or is this getting kind of creepy?
                            Not just you.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                              Follow the data, Seer. If the data is sound, what is your argument?
                              The computer models of the climate itself have yet to make accurate predictions concerning the rate of temperature rise, ice melt, or impact on the weather. So I have serious doubts anyone has any capacity to predict its effect on human behavior. It simply isn't possible, no matter how seductive the argument may be.

seer's point is sound. There are certain topics in science where scientists need to just admit they don't know enough to make any sort of reasonable prediction.

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                The computer models of the climate itself have yet to make accurate predictions concerning the rate of temperature rise, ice melt, or impact on the weather. So I have serious doubts anyone has any capacity to predict its effect on human behavior. It simply isn't possible, no matter how seductive the argument may be.

seer's point is sound. There are certain topics in science where scientists need to just admit they don't know enough to make any sort of reasonable prediction.
                                And there you go, Seer. Do you see how easy it is?

Thank you, Jim.

Comment