Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

A proof for the Stationary Earth, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
    You really should check out the other thread more closely. For example, JM was talking about a plane flying, and lilpixieofterror has plenty of experience with aircraft. When it comes to satellites, in addiction to HMS_Beagle, I have plenty of satellite experience. I worked in satellite intelligence in the military, and I worked on satellite projects in private industry. I know about satellite propulsion and attitude control systems, which JM disbelieves in. I know about geosynchronous satellites, which would fall down if the Earth isn't rotating. Etc.
    which still isn't most people. I'm privileged to know some, mostly from here and from work, that have to work with the concepts discussed here. Not everyone has that opportunity.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      which still isn't most people. I'm privileged to know some, mostly from here and from work, that have to work with the concepts discussed here. Not everyone has that opportunity.
      To be fair, JM clearly has no experience in anything he discusses. So it's not unreasonable for others with little or no experience to get involved in the discussion.
      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

JM is not being reasonable perhaps on purpose. I just goggle at his tactics and reasoning. Well; until next time, peace reigns.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

You really should check out the other thread more closely. For example, JM was talking about a plane flying, and lilpixieofterror has plenty of experience with aircraft. When it comes to satellites, in addiction to HMS_Beagle, I have plenty of satellite experience. I worked in satellite intelligence in the military, and I worked on satellite projects in private industry. I know about satellite propulsion and attitude control systems, which JM disbelieves in. I know about geosynchronous satellites, which would fall down if the Earth isn't rotating. Etc.
          does Beagle know about this addiction?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            does Beagle know about this addiction?
            I hope sempai notices me.

Comment

I hope sempai notices me.
              so you like pie too? how many addictions do you have?

Comment

so you like pie too? how many addictions do you have?
                Pai, not pie!

pai.jpgnotpie.jpg

Comment

Pai, not pie!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15345[/ATTACH]
                  three so far. Beagle, Pie and Pai not pie (or is that Pai and "not pie" - that would be four). Man. you need therapy.

Comment

I dont know anyone that posted "text book" facts to JM. Everyone used actual math and physics to show him he is wrong.
                    I used mental arithmetic backed up by a calculator
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      I appreciate that, Sparko, but in refuting JohnMartin how many people actually did any testing?
                      I checked his calculations - does that count?
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        I used mental arithmetic backed up by a calculator
                        but you learned the math from a ....textbook!

Comment

three so far. Beagle, Pie and Pai not pie (or is that Pai and "not pie" - that would be four). Man. you need therapy.
                          At least I'm not fattening. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                            At least I'm not fattening. I hope.
                            hmm. Beagle pie. Interesting.

Comment

When your automatic transmission goes Tango Uniform do you have to do the repair job yourself with your first hand knowledge? Or can you trust an expert's opinion and skill set?
                              There are many documented instances where car mechanics have used a customer's lack of knowledge to charge for repairs that weren't required or never actually completed.
                              You may want to used a different example since this one works against your point about half the time.

In order to explain pro football to a non-american do you first need to have played pro football yourself to get first hand knowledge? Or will second hand knowledge of the rules and strategy do?
                              Most Europeans have a first hand knowledge of homoeroticism masquerading as a sporting event.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                                Say instead that most people don't know what the practical impact is. There's a reason certain issues are hotly debated, even if most people don't know what that reason is.
                                I think this is a reasonable clarification; however, whether or not the earth is rotating the phones do work hence the idea that the truth of whether or not the earth rotates is of 'no practical importance' to most people.
                                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment