Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 05/03/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 05/03/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    Resting and Refreshing with God…

PEACE be unto you!

"Be still and know that I am God". Lord, may your spirit guide me to seek Your Loving presence more and more. For it is there I find rest and refreshment from this busy world.” (Sacred Space Daily Prayer 2016.05.02)

I did a quick search of the phrase “rest in” in the New Living Translation and come up with 6 hits. In 4 of them I hit pay dirt:
    • “Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.” (Job 11:18 NLT)
    • “He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.” (Psalms 23:2 NLT)
    • “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalms 91:1 NLT)
    • “For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die.” (Isaiah 57:2 NLT)

Then not expecting to find a verse containing the word “refreshment” I tried anyway and WHAM, the following verse hit me right across the forehead: “Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and He will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah.” (Acts 3:19-20 NLT)

I wanted to put in bold face print phrase in each verse that impacts me most powerfully but I couldn’t to do so would be like ripping out a piece of my heart. Each word in each verse is most important because while each word is found in the New Living Translation of the Bible they enter YOUR life and MY life as prophetic words from a Living God whose love for US is big and powerful enough to hold hundreds of galaxies!

“Lord, you created me to live in freedom. May your Holy Spirit guide me to follow you freely. Instill in my heart a desire to know and love you more each day.” (Sacred Space Daily Prayer 2016.05.02)

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise noted, “Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X