Floor Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Sleeping

Does anyone regularly sleep on the floor here? If you don't use a traditional mattress-frame setup let me know because I'm thinking of sleeping on a slightly raised wooden board covered in sheepskin and/or possibly a thin topper. I just started sleeping on the floor because my bed was killing me slowly, and it turns out I love it, and I don't want to go back to the traditional bed. I would love sleeping directly on the floor "full-time", however, bugs and dirt/dust are always in the back of my mind..I'm just curious if anyone does it on a regular basis?

I have one of those sleep number beds that I can make harder or softer. Helps my back a lot.

But if you want something really hard, why not put the boards on the bed frame instead of sleeping on the floor? much easier to get in and out of, and you don't have to worry about the bugs and dirt.

Comment

I have slept on the floor while watching TV. I found that as long as I have my head elevated, it works.

But Sparky's suggestion would be better for a permanent sleep position.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I have one of those sleep number beds that I can make harder or softer. Helps my back a lot.

But if you want something really hard, why not put the boards on the bed frame instead of sleeping on the floor? much easier to get in and out of, and you don't have to worry about the bugs and dirt.
        How long have you had the sleep number bed?

I'd put the boards on the frame however my ikea frame has gotten quite wobbly beyond repair. I'll probably just end up getting a platform bed of some sort; in the mean time I'm enjoying my time on the floor as there seems to be some health benefits I'm experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
          How long have you had the sleep number bed?

I'd put the boards on the frame however my ikea frame has gotten quite wobbly beyond repair. I'll probably just end up getting a platform bed of some sort; in the mean time I'm enjoying my time on the floor as there seems to be some health benefits I'm experiencing.
          I have had it for about 8 years now.

Comment

In one of my bedrooms the mattress is on the floor primarily because it is cooler down there so I don't have to run the AC.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I too have slept on the floor because it's cooler.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment