Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Muhammad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siam View Post
    He has also debated with Craig I think...Many of the Christian speakers speak clearly and it is easy to understand them...they also seem to simplify Christianity to its essence...but what I like the most is that their love for Jesus Christ (pbuh) comes through strongly. Nevertheless, though I can understand how the various pieces of Christian doctrine fit together to make a paradigm...I have failed to make sense of it....despite efforts....and so have mostly given up on understanding it....

Do you know of Gabriel Reynolds? He is a Christian and a scholar who also knows Arabic. His views on Islam/Prophet/Quran are interesting. I do not agree with all his views...but nevertheless they are thought provoking, and for me as a Muslim, give new insights and perspectives to think about my own religion....

Some of his opinions:---
    One shouldn't be disheartened if they cannot fully comprehend doctrine, especially as it directly pertains to the identity of God, otherwise God wouldn't really be God. By his very nature He transcends our human rational/logical categories. A wise posture to take is to remain open to the revelation he provided of himself - Christian's see this most clearly in the incarnation of Jesus. Perhaps the divine identity is a subject we can talk about in the future.

Take care for now & God bless, Siam.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X