Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Build a mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a mountain

Apparently, the UAE is in the process of investigating what it would take to build a mountain. Their intent? Boost rainfall in the region.

It does make a weird sort of sense...
    I'm not here anymore.

That does make a weird kind of sense...

I can think of several limiting factors...like building material...I wouldn't think Sand would work very well and just how steep can you build? This will probably take years of research and planning...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

They ought to put us on it.
      We make mountains out of nothing all day long.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        They ought to put us on it.
        We make mountains out of nothing all day long.
        Yeah!!! We're what you call "Experts"!
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I wonder if they'll start with a molehill

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If they did successfully make a man-made mountain, we might have people from the distant future claim that aliens built it!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

How big will this Mole Hill be?
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                How big will this Mole Hill be?
                See the thread title.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Die Berg Komt Er. Originally proposed as a bit of a joke, the idea for building a mountain in the Netherlands gained a lot of support.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Die Berg Komt Er. Originally proposed as a bit of a joke, the idea for building a mountain in the Netherlands gained a lot of support.
                    sounds like an Onion news release.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment