Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Making Gay Okay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Do you ever get tired of contradicting yourself Gary?
    Poor Gary. All these years and he never really learned how to think for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      No, it is the United States Constitution that protects individual liberties from the whims of the majority.
      You are the one who said the majority of the society agreed. I simply pointed out that this was not true. I do not see anything in the constitution that even remotely deals with homosexuality. This is why I call liberal judicial activism. I allow you to dissent.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        You are the one who said the majority of the society agreed. I simply pointed out that this was not true. I do not see anything in the constitution that even remotely deals with homosexuality. This is why I call liberal judicial activism. I allow you to dissent.
        Bottom line: You're on the wrong side of history, friend.

Comment

Pointless to you, maybe, but the majority of your society sees it differently.
          A majority of my society doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than", so forgive me for not respecting their opinions on weightier matters...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Who died and made you the determiner of what is right and wrong?
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              I don't know why he thinks that's some sort of argument. He's repeated that before, "You're on the wrong side of history!!!" Uh, ok. As previously pointed out, it wouldn't be the first time the majority thought Christians were on the "wrong side". The church has a history of being condemned and persecuted for being on the "wrong side". If Gary really thinks that majority rule, and being on the "wrong side" of history is the be-all/end-all argument, why's he bothering to post? Presumably history will take care of itself. Instead, he's got a blog devoted to lashing out at Christianity, and jumps on his soapbox on any forum that will have him.

Comment

I want to know why he opposes abortion then. I mean, abortion was made the law of the land therefore, it should be seen as right obviously and if it's the will of the majority then since it's the law of the land, opposing it means he's on the wrong side of history.

Never mind that I find it amazing that in addition to all he believes, we can now add in predicting the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Seems to me that anybody born on any given day is on one or the other wrong side of history.

Gary isn't as deep a thinker as he thinks he is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So you say. In the long run however . . .
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Seems to me that anybody born on any given day is on one or the other wrong side of history.

Gary isn't as deep a thinker as he thinks he is.
                      The radical liberal condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I don't know why he thinks that's some sort of argument. He's repeated that before, "You're on the wrong side of history!!!" Uh, ok. As previously pointed out, it wouldn't be the first time the majority thought Christians were on the "wrong side". The church has a history of being condemned and persecuted for being on the "wrong side". If Gary really thinks that majority rule, and being on the "wrong side" of history is the be-all/end-all argument, why's he bothering to post? Presumably history will take care of itself. Instead, he's got a blog devoted to lashing out at Christianity, and jumps on his soapbox on any forum that will have him.
                        Conservative Christianity in the United States has fought every advance in human rights in our history beginning with the abolishment of slavery, to equal rights for women, abolishment of Jim Crow and segregation, and now gay rights.

One hundred years from now your great grandchildren will look back at your comments on the internet and hang their heads in shame.

Comment

Conservative Christianity in the United States has fought every advance in human rights in our history beginning with the abolishment of slavery, to equal rights for women, abolishment of Jim Crow and segregation, and now gay rights.

One hundred years from now your great grandchildren will look back at your comments on the internet and hang their heads in shame.
                          Yeah.....

You ever read anything about the Civil War period and what was behind slavery over here and who was the main impetus to ending it? You ever read about who ended it in the medieval period?

Try reading books. You might learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                            Yeah.....

You ever read anything about the Civil War period and what was behind slavery over here and who was the main impetus to ending it? You ever read about who ended it in the medieval period?

Try reading books. You might learn something.
                            Why read books? Everything you read on the internet that supports your POV is true!
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Why read books? Everything you read on the internet that supports your POV is true!
                              Yes. Reading books is just way too hard and too time-consuming.

You know, unlike spending all day posting on the internet.

Comment

Gary, your grasp on modern history is as bad as your grasp on ancient history. The abolitionist, suffrage, and Civil Rights movements were all spearheaded by Christians and Christian organizations.

My faith and obedience isn't to my great grandchildren, it's to my living Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'm not moved by changing doctrinal, political and social winds. Wringing my hands about what my great grandchildren might think of my stand on my faith is meaningless knowing that 200 years from now my great great great grandchildren might hang their heads in shame of my great grandchildren.

Comment