Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Refrigerator: Replacement Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm...

and now my cat requires dental work. More money. Oh vell. Maybe old Fridge will run fine for a few more months until I find a bottom freezer model in a good price range.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Hmm...

and now my cat requires dental work. More money. Oh vell. Maybe old Fridge will run fine for a few more months until I find a bottom freezer model in a good price range.
      yeah I had to cash in some savings to pay for my dog's tests and meds. sucks, right?

Comment

• I really hope my old fridge keeps ticking for a while yet. Thanks to a hailstorm, I get to replace my roof (and siding on one side of the house; there are 4 or 5 holes in it).

The cat's overdue for her annual checkup, but that will have to wait.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Lol...we had a very brief but violent hailstorm here on 1 Jul. Torrential rain followed the golf ball sized hail, and we had a flash flood. A lot of people had dents in their cars from the hail. Lots of people, apparently. I didn't, thank goodness. And a lot of people had damage done to their homes, mostly mud from the desert. I saw one house with new windows already installed the next day. Their street was quite trashed.

Right after the storm, during the cleanup, a very enterprising body shop posted flyers Iin RL and online along these lines: GOT DENTS FROM HAIL? Call XXX XXX-DENTS! We work with insurance companies! " These flyers still pop up.
          Last edited by DesertBerean; 07-19-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• If anyone else is looking for a foodsaver vacuum sealer, Woot has a factory reconditioned model on sale today only, for $39.99 + $5 shipping.

http://home.woot.com/?ref=w_gh_hm_2

58ffbbe3-e708-4004-ab47-5c17299598f8._SY394_CR1,0,1034,394_.jpg

comes with some bags and the vacuum hose for canister use (no canisters though)

Comment

• Wow..I can't believe this was over a year ago. Well, anyways...I got my replacement. No bottom freezer model that I really wanted to pay for, so here's my final choice. Thanks for all your encouragement!

FB_IMG_1510815228204.jpg

Comment