Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Caitlyn" may go back to Bruce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sadly, that's what "news" has become these days!
    I watched the news today, they had something about a house fire locally, then someone died, and someone was injured and then there was politics and the weather....sheesh the news is miserable these days. I don't click on too many headlines dealing with celebrities. I find them to be aggravating to say the least.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      I watched the news today, they had something about a house fire locally, then someone died, and someone was injured and then there was politics and the weather....sheesh the news is miserable these days. I don't click on too many headlines dealing with celebrities. I find them to be aggravating to say the least.
      Yeah, my wife and I watch the local news at 5:30 AM before leaving the house, and we often look at each other and say "THAT's NEWS?" They have some of the stupidest "stories" on. And, yeah, they can go from "Eleven people drowned in the flooding in downtown Houston" to "A local barber is calling for a tax on beards...."

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, my wife and I watch the local news at 5:30 AM before leaving the house, and we often look at each other and say "THAT's NEWS?" They have some of the stupidest "stories" on. And, yeah, they can go from "Eleven people drowned in the flooding in downtown Houston" to "A local barber is calling for a tax on beards...."

I gave up on watching the news... well, I never really got into it to begin with. The interesting content/time ratio is way too low to get me interested. I have more than enough exposure to "Entertainment" news clicking through the front page of Yahoo to get to my email (and all the clickbait on weather.com).
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by OB One
          the clickbait on weather.com
          Sometimes that tells you important stuff.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Sometimes that tells you important stuff.
            The site? Yes. The clickbait? Not once since I've been using it.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Why are the Kardashian- Jenner people news? They are nothing more than Attention whores.....
              The reason I posted this was at the time Jenner announced that he wanted to become a woman several people pointed out that such a transformation was unlikely to bring him any sort of happiness and would very likely make him miserable (suicides among transexuals is a great deal higher than among the general population).

With society's tendency to glorify this discovering that it just made a confused man's life worse even with all the support he got could serve as a lesson (although it will likely be ignored by many).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                The site? Yes. The clickbait? Not once since I've been using it.
                Not even the big fire last week?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not even the big fire last week?

I heard about that here first.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I heard about that here first.

All righty, then.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      (suicides among transexuals is a great deal higher than among the general population)
                      That's all our fault for not applauding them.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I dont watch or read news much any more. I basically get my news by reading the threads on tweb or facebook, and then looking up the details if I am interested.

Comment

Kardashian family biographer Ian Halperin is saying that a longtime friend of Jenner has told him that Bruce/Caitlyn may decide to "detransition in the next couple years" and that several sources told him it is because Jenner is still attracted to women.

Source: Caitlyn Jenner experiencing ‘sex-change regret,’ may de-transition: Report

Transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner has experienced “sex-change regret” and is considering de-transitioning, according to the author of a new book about the Kardashian family.

Ian Halperin said while researching “Kardashian Dynasty: The Controversial Rise of America’s Royal Family,” he found out the former Olympic gold medalist has been miserable living as a woman.

“One source confirmed to me Caitlyn has made whispers of ‘sex-change regret,’ hinting she might go back to being Bruce Jenner,” Mr. Halperintold TheWrap.

One friend told Mr. Halperin that while Ms. Jenner has been “thrilled” to advocate transgender equality, the television star could go back to living as a man “in the next couple of years.”

Part of the problem, he continued, is that Ms. Jenner is still attracted to women.

“She’s still into women and wants to meet the right one,” Mr. Halperin recalled a friend saying.

“It’s been much harder than she anticipated,” he said. “My heart goes out to her and I know her true friends will be there to support her on whatever path she chooses.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Representatives for the publicity hungry Kardashian clan are denying the report but IIRC there have already been reports that Jenner has stopped taking female hormones and reversing the breast augmentation due to health concerns.
                          A new wrinkle in the story. Halperin is saying that the reason Caitlyn/Bruce is considering going back to be a man is that he wants to date women but believes same sex relationships are sinful. He also says that back in the early 90s Jenner had begun to transition to a woman but reversed process when he began dating Kris Kardashian.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A new wrinkle in the story. Halperin is saying that the reason Caitlyn/Bruce is considering going back to be a man is that he wants to date women but believes same sex relationships are sinful. He also says that back in the early 90s Jenner had begun to transition to a woman but reversed process when he began dating Kris Kardashian.
                            Proof that he needs his brain dealt with, not his "parts".

Comment

How can he think it is sinful to have same-gender relations but not think changing your gender at a whim isn't?

And is there outrage about his thinking that same-gender sex is sinful among his acolytes? Or will they think nothing he says or does is wrong?

Comment

How can he think it is sinful to have same-gender relations but not think changing your gender at a whim isn't?

And is there outrage about his thinking that same-gender sex is sinful among his acolytes? Or will they think nothing he says or does is wrong?
                                Er...yes?....no? Maybe and that's final...
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment