Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Honest Question About Anthropomorphic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I think I crossed a couple of wires.

I thought we were in the part of the warming trend that started with the melt off of the glaciers that once covered Michigan.
    I thought that although there had been some ups and downs that the overall trend for the past 10,000 years was warming.
    Because of that I thought the glacier melt off for Mt. Kilimanjaro was just a part of that continuing trend and not part of a AGW trend observed since the 1850's.

That misunderstanding is why I thought the Mt. Kilimanjaro pictures from 1912 were significant.
    If the glacier was retreating before AGW then current and future retreat would be hard to pin on AGW, or so the thinking goes.
    We were in a warming trend that ended ~5,000 years ago. We should be in a cooling trend. Instead, the temperatures are still going up.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      We were in a warming trend that ended ~5,000 years ago. We should be in a cooling trend. Instead, the temperatures are still going up.
      So the warming trend ended 5,000 years ago and the downward cooling began up until about 1850 when AGW reversed the trend?
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

So the warming trend ended 5,000 years ago and the downward cooling began up until about 1850 when AGW reversed the trend?
        Basically, yes. The graph in Lurch's post #57 shows the downward cooling. You can see about where the downward trend stops.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Why didn't you guys tell me all of this stuff sooner?
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Does this clear up your questions?

Comment

Why didn't you guys tell me all of this stuff sooner?
              You didn't ask?
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                Does this clear up your questions?
                I don't think I'm full on AGW yet but it did clear up several misconceptions on my part.
                I'd say that I moved a couple of ticks in the direction of AGW.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                  You didn't ask?
                  Al Gore would be ashamed of you for making me ask.
                  Pick a side, Carrot.

Comment

Al Gore would be ashamed of you for making me ask.
                    Pick a side, Carrot.
                    Carrots don't really have sides.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Last question: Am I part of the 'in' crowd yet?

Comment

Last question: Am I part of the 'in' crowd yet?
                        Last edited by Sea of red; 05-20-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I have followed the weather trends since I began taking meteorology and climate courses in college. My favorite was the Paleoclimate course. For a long time I was a supporter of human influence concerning climate change based on green house gas increases, but I remained a skeptic as to the degree of the human influence, because of the possible over lapping natural cycles of climate change over time. Old threads in the last Tweb were interesting in the debate involving grmorton probably the most professional and stoic opponent of human influence on climate change. I was of course unhappy with Al Gore's book and movie, because of sound bite selection of science, and the lack of consistent substance and good documentation. In the past ten years I have become more confident of the significance of human influence.

I would like to refer to my thread here, http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...for-2016/page9. This thread is part of a series designed to watch current trends over time. The most recent posts by sylas are most informative, because of his eloquence and good documentation.

Comment

Anthopomorphic Climate Change is possible according to the following video. . .

How long before somebody decides to use this for nefarious purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post
                              Anthopomorphic Climate Change is possible according to the following video. . .

How long before somebody decides to use this for nefarious purposes?
                              What I heard were mumblers.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-23-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                                Could i ask where that graph came from? Because those numbers don't look right, and i'd like to understand how they're derived.
                                My source was Google. I agree it would be nice to know from whom was that image's authorship. If I knew it I would have included it. I did a Google image search for: " man made co2 emissions vs. natural," to choose that image.
                                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment