Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

THIS is what we are warning you all about!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I don't think children could care less, let them grow up before brainwashing them so that they can think and decide for themselves.
    Its abuse of power to deprive people of ability to teach their children their culture and their beliefs. While I don't believe in unlimited religious freedom, I do believe atheists who promote governments being able to punish Christians for teaching their children what they believe, are shooting themselves in the foot. Thankfully its a kind of white, fedora atheism that's dying along with Richard Dawkins.

I actually prefer the feminists to that brand.

Comment

Well, if you were smart, you would do what most parents do, you would accompany your little girls to the public rest room. Gender specific bathrooms aren't going to stop sexual predators. I don't think that this issue is about child molesters anyway, thats just the tactic of fear used by the right wing to rile up their naive backward thinking constituency. Open your eyes, transgendered people do exist, get over it.
      and what protects moms and women from the same danger? are they ninjas or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Its abuse of power to deprive people of ability to teach their children their culture and their beliefs. While I don't believe in unlimited religious freedom, I do believe atheists who promote governments being able to punish Christians for teaching their children what they believe, are shooting themselves in the foot. Thankfully its a kind of white, fedora atheism that's dying along with Richard Dawkins.

I actually prefer the feminists to that brand.
        Who said anything about depriving them of their ability? It was a suggestion. Moses had the people indoctrinat their children to believe in the god he created at an age when they could not think for themselves. Most people, it seems, never overcome those early impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Fine. Let them grow up before teaching them about the THEORY of evolution, and how to put a condom on a banana, and how big oil companies are destroying the world through climate change, and how it's ok to feel like you are a boy one day and change your mind the next and in so doing become a victim because you can't use the potty with the other sign on the door, etc. So that they can think and decide got themselves.

Instead of starting to teach some of that crap in kindergarten.

You keep your bull away from my kids and I will keep mine away from yours, ok?

Unfortunately, the double standard strikes again. Because your bull is taught to my kids every day, from a very young age, at a public school. And not one word about how Gid wants us to live is allowed in those same "hallowed halls".
          You're confusing facts with beliefs.

Comment

It is a fact that atheists, in the name of their ideology, killed more people in the 20th century than the three Abrahamic religions did in the previous 2,000 years combined.
            Can we teach that fact in your school?
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Who said anything about depriving them of their ability? It was a suggestion.
              Then I was responding to that 'suggestion'.

Comment

No, I'm not. The belief that evolution is proven scientifically is just a belief. As is the belief that AGW exists. As is the belief that people can change their gender at a whim. As is the belief that people are born homosexual.

All of those beliefs take a great deal of faith. In very faulty men who call themselves scientists. Whose followers are far more rabid about their beliefs than evangelical Christians are about theirs as they follow a creative, sustaining, living God Who has given us clear instruction on how to live.

That's why you can teach your faith in school and I can't.
                Last edited by mossrose; 05-14-2016, 12:14 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  No, I'm not. The belief that evolution is proven scientifically is just a belief. As is the belief that AGW exists.
                  I'm afraid JimL is right on this one Mossy. Though you can't talk about scientifically proven, both the theory of biological evolution as well as anthropogenic global warming, both counts as scientific facts at this point.

As is the belief that people can change their gender at a whim.
                  People definitely can't change their gender.

As is the belief that people are born homosexual.
                  That one is more complex. I do believe human sexuality is more than simple: desire boy, or desire girl. Conscious efforts to change sexuality definitely don't work, but I know plenty of people (including me) who aren't straight, and have been like that as long as they can remember ever having sexual attraction, so I don't blame people for seeing it like that.

Comment

Well, if you were smart, you would do what most parents do, you would accompany your little girls to the public rest room. Gender specific bathrooms aren't going to stop sexual predators. I don't think that this issue is about child molesters anyway, thats just the tactic of fear used by the right wing to rile up their naive backward thinking constituency. Open your eyes, transgendered people do exist, get over it.
                    You idiot, I didn't mean in public, I meant if I were to enroll them in a federally funded school, which now I won't. I'm not a stupid parent.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      It is a fact that atheists, in the name of their ideology, killed more people in the 20th century than the three Abrahamic religions did in the previous 2,000 years combined.
                      Can we teach that fact in your school?
                      What is atheist ideology?

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        You'd need a really, really good reason to justify that sort of thing. Like inciting a riot level stuff.
                        What sort of thing?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I don't think children could care less, let them grow up before brainwashing them so that they can think and decide for themselves.
                          You mean let the state brainwash them before you try to undo the damage.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

But the problem is that they'll turn out like you, Jimmy.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              What is atheist ideology?
                              An ideology that considers God either to not exist, or be unknowable. Typically materialism, humanism, but also the various aspects of communism that plagued the 20th Century.

Comment

JimL suggesting Chinese education camps analogues. Hurray for fedora atheists.

Comment