Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

"Complex Abdominal Reconstructive Surgery"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
    Thanks for the thought, Carrikature.

Being retired (mental) health counselors at age 82, after having experienced many multiple surgeries ― including four abdominal surgeries for me and one as well for my wife ― we are quite well aware of DNR. In my case we have always insisted that the surgeons and nurses be cognizant of my wish not to miss an opportunity for me to pass peacefully sans heroic measures.

We always make sure that signed and cosigned documentation of our desires in this regard are included in all our medical paperwork on every occasion for such.

Thanks again for the post, which is good information for readers of the thread.
    I'm glad to hear that. It's surprising how few people deal with it, but I'm sure you know that better than I.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Thanks for keeping us updated. ...
      The surgery is scheduled for June 28.

The plan is (1) to do a laparoscopic repair of the hernia in the left groin and (2) to repair the massive incisional hernia by means of large sheets of mesh anchored by staples in the pelvic bone at the bottom of the abdomen, and by staples in the rib cage at the top of the abdomen.

Of primary concern to the surgeon is the high risk of another infected incision resulting from the fact that he must do his job extremely close to the ostomy = source of unavoidable risk of wound infection. He plans to keep me in hospital four or five days just to make sure infection is avoided by careful medical monitoring to that end.

I am so very blessed to have this surgeon in this hospital: the former was picked for me by one of his 25 surgical partners at UNC/Rex, a cardiologist who referred me to him; and the hospital, UNC/Rex, has been honored for being the best in the state of NC in terms of minimizing infections related to surgeries.

Many thanks for all the prayers!!!

Comment

Today is the day I believe.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Any word?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Oh, John... my dear friend and brother in Christ. You absolutely have my prayers and those of my family. Hope all goes well and that the Lord guides your doctors to the best decision and outcome.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Please forgive my lack of personal indevidual responses which would require more energy than I could muster now.

I Just l last evening recovered sufficiently from a 6-hour surgey to be discharged.

I came home to a computer that had been robbed of ability to send email bcacause a lightening strike, so this is my first chance to communicate online. It has taken me circa 24 hours to acquire the hero I have needed to get back on line. Read "help" instead of "hero"

More later as I may be able to muster xufficient strength.

Comment

John, so glad to hear from you!

Gentle and continued prayer!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

Great to see you, back, John! Rest, take it easy, relax, feel better.
                                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment