Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Ignore the controversial. You need to pay more attention to keywords like "is linked to". You'll see this in a lot of reports on food. The reason? We can't isolate specific causes most of the time. We can list all the factors we know about and see what shows up as possible common denominators. That's what "is linked to" means: they found a common occurrence.

There's a significant difference between correlation and causation. News reports on food studies make it sound like causation, when the studies themselves rarely go beyond correlation.

Short of having consultations with registered dietitians about your typical diet in conjunction with information from various blood tests, you're not going to find reliable information on what you "should" be eating. You need something tailored to your physical health, not general concepts.
    I talked to my health professional - she said it's really pretty simple. "if it tastes good, spit it out".

(all seriousness aside, your post makes sense)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Leave it to the Yankees in NYC to regulate salt intake!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The nanny police strike again. Wasn't NY the place that wanted to ban supersized soft drinks?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

It isn't always science:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15827[/ATTACH]
          To add to this...

science-news-medical.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            The nanny police strike again. Wasn't NY the place that wanted to ban supersized soft drinks?
            You can't buy a 32 oz soft drink, but you can buy as many 24 oz ones as you want! I heard that some stores run a "buy one get one free" on the 24 oz.

Comment

You can't buy a 32 oz soft drink, but you can buy as many 24 oz ones as you want! I heard that some stores run a "buy one get one free" on the 24 oz.
              they actually PASSED that? I thought it got knocked down. Wasn't there also something about transfats too?

Comment

they actually PASSED that? I thought it got knocked down. Wasn't there also something about transfats too?
                Oh, what a relief it is!
                The state’s highest court on Thursday refused to reinstate New York City’s controversial limits on sales of jumbo sugary drinks, exhausting the city’s final appeal and dashing the hopes of health advocates who have urged state and local governments to curb the consumption of drinks and foods linked to obesity.

In a 20-page opinion, Judge Eugene F. Pigott Jr. of the New York State Court of Appeals wrote that the city’s Board of Health “exceeded the scope of its regulatory authority” in enacting the proposal, which was championed by former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. Judge Pigott wrote that the complexity of the proposal and its reach into the everyday lives of millions meant that the City Council ought to address it instead.

Comment

You know the government always makes things better . . .
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    You know the government always makes things better . . .
                    Hi, I'm from the IRS, and I'm here to HELP you!

Comment

I talked to my health professional - she said it's really pretty simple. "if it tastes good, spit it out".
                      If you live like that you will live longer. NO wait it will only seem that you are living longer because your food is so terrible.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I find your transphobic body-shaming offensive.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I find your transphobic body-shaming offensive.
                          good. I was going for that effect. enjoy your offense.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X