Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Bernie Gimme Gimme Gimme Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
    workers
    You know, every time you use that term, it's like you are proving how brainwashed you are. If they were really WORKERS, they'd be WORKING. The crowd you're talking about could probably best be described as "takers".

are discovering at a small scale it can work, and they don't need an owner,

its a start of worker awakening.
    No, it's a matter of the goofication of a class of people who want something for nothing. You really live in fantasy land! Boss! Da PLANE, da PLANE!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yet, rather than claim this in your faith tag, you wave the banner of collectivism - makes you look like you're ashamed to be called a Christian.
      I didn't think there was anybody who didn't already know that. Collectivism is what Christianity is supposed to be.
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

You know, every time you use that term, it's like you are proving how brainwashed you are. If they were really WORKERS, they'd be WORKING. The crowd you're talking about could probably best be described as "takers".

No, it's a matter of the goofication of a class of people who want something for nothing. You really live in fantasy land! Boss! Da PLANE, da PLANE!!!!
        I only know workers. and bosses.

I am a boss, I am management, but my empathy is for the laborer. My laborers know there is nothing I ask them to do that I do not do myself, because I have worked with them.
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

I didn't think there was anybody who didn't already know that. Collectivism is what Christianity is supposed to be.
          I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, and am proud to be called by His name. You, on the other hand, can defer to your hero Marx.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am a boss, I am management, but my empathy is for the laborer. My laborers know there is nothing I ask them to do that I do not do myself, because I have worked with them.

Please excuse me while I go throw up.

Comment

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, and am proud to be called by His name. You, on the other hand, can defer to your hero Marx.
              between me and Jesus.

Thankfully you won't be sitting at the judgement seat.

Comment

between me and Jesus.
                Sure, but you seem to think more like a commie. (and you don't deny deferring to Marx, eh? )

Thankfully you won't be sitting at the judgement seat.
                Yeah, that's WAY above my pay grade.

Comment

Sure, but you seem to think more like a commie. (and you don't deny deferring to Marx, eh? )

I mistakenly assumed everybody here already knew how Jesus overthrew the tables of the moneychangers

Comment

I mistakenly assumed everybody here already knew how Jesus overthrew the tables of the moneychangers
                    Laughing. BOY that's dumb! You are REALLY REALLY bad at abusing Scripture for your commie purposes.

WOW

You flunked Sunday School, didn't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      Because that's a reasonably accurate model of how it actually works.

Actually, it is. The way our economic system works makes it essentially a resource like any other.

Agreed, to a point. There are also natural resources (oil, coal, timber, fisheries etc) that exist without needing to be created per se.

The rich don't create wealth. Workers do. The rich people just find ways to scam the workers out of their fair share of the wealth they are creating.

Agreed.

Mostly in banks. e.g.

OK so you know absofreakinglutely nothing about economics. At all.

That explains a lot.

Next?

Comment

If you make one cent more than any one of them, you are a hypocrite.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Yeah, redistribution begins at home!

Comment

You know, that's an EGGcellent point --- if Brother Leader Comrade makes even a teeny bit more than his Comrade Workers......

So, how bout it, JR????

Comment

You know, that's an EGGcellent point
                              Can I get an amen then? You know... popularity contest and all
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Can I get an amen then? You know... popularity contest and all
                                RATS!!! I thought I DID amen you.... let's check the report records.

Comment