Announcement

Collapse

Judaism Guidelines

Theists only.

Shalom!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the world religion of Judaism in general and also its relationship to Christianity. This forum is generally for theists only. Non-theists (eg, atheistic Jews) may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jesus was not the messiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    No it's not.

from the Online Etymology Dictionary:
    "doxa", opinion, is derived from "dokeo" = think, suppose, consider, and underlies also "dokimadzo" = test, examine, interpret, discern, approve. Mark 8:31 uses "apodokimadzo" = reject, disapprove.

There is also "doxa" = glory, splendor, grandeur, derived from "doxadzo", praise, honor, glorify. But that's a "doxa" that doesn't underly "orthodox"

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    (and in response to your other post: Yes, "One Bad Pig" is a pseudonym; on the other hand, I don't have a website under a different name where I expound unique theological opinions that just so happen to match what I expound here, like you do.)
    I have no own website, just post on http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/forum.php (from which I was also banned for a while) and on https://www.facebook.com/groups/91587074829/

Comment

Originally posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
      If Jesus wasn't orthodox why should Christians be?
      You think Christians should make an effort to correctly understand what Christ taught?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        You think Christians should make an effort to correctly understand what Christ taught?
        "What Christ (Jesus) taught" is not so much and we only know via NT-scriptures.

The letters of Paul don't give any of Jesus' alleged doctrine -- just this: 1 Corinthians 11:
        23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for[e] you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

And the Gospels idem dito:
        Mark begins with: "The main thing of the Gospel is in accordance with what was written in Isaiah the prophet" --
        and where Mark speaks of Jesus' teaching ( Mark 8:31) it says that principle thing of his teaching was that he had to be rejected by the masters of doctrine.

So what Christians should do is try to understand Jewish scripture and tradition, like Paul said:

Romans 11:
        17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root[c] of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X