Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin versus other monies.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As soon as Bernanke and the big banks gave bitcoins props, any trust I had in it ceased all together. You'd be better off investing in gold and silver. Not that I advocate that either, but it's light years more ensured than a crpyto currency with origins that are shady at best.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    As soon as Bernanke and the big banks gave bitcoins props, any trust I had in it ceased all together. You'd be better off investing in gold and silver. Not that I advocate that either, but it's light years more ensured than a crpyto currency with origins that are shady at best.
    Details of the "shady" origins, please.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shady as in mysterious. No one knows anything about the person or persons who started the whole thing. It would be analogous to some anonymous person off the street giving you an open source program to load on your computer to help you with your online banking And don't you find it odd that the banking cabal, as well as the MSM that they essentially run via parent corporation conglomerates, is giving an alternative currency, which competes with the central bank fiat currency, so much praise while they either ignore or poo-poo commodities like gold and silver, which are commodities that also have been the subject of much conversation and controversy in these perilous economic times and have also been used as a medium of exchange throughout history?
    Last edited by seanD; 01-31-2014 at 03:32 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Contrary to claims of secrecy, Bitcoin is no more anonymous than cash. A few people demonstrated that they can label owners of millions of Bitcoin addresses using no more than "traditional computer sleuthing techniques."(**correction below**James Dale Davidson) Forbes magazine was mentioned as having run an article that examined that anonymity angle.

eta=**correction=I think now it is Charles de Valle, though no attribution is made to him. Charles works for James.
    Last edited by Truthseeker; 02-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Bitcoin-dollar rate fell 80% in maybe just seconds. . . and gained 400+% the next moment. A honest-to-goodness flash crash.

Russia declared Bitcoin illegal, but that's not why the flashcrash occurred, I guess. Possibly one of the factors, though.

The US just made more arrests related to Bitcoins. Perhaps the beginning of US persecution.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Bug in the software...

A bug in the bitcoin software makes it possible for someone to use the Bitcoin network to alter transaction details to make it seem like a sending of bitcoins to a bitcoin wallet did not occur when in fact it did occur. Since the transaction appears as if it has not proceeded correctly, the bitcoins may be resent. MtGox is working with the Bitcoin core development team and others to mitigate this issue.

http://mashable.com/2014/02/10/bitco...cing-freefall/
    What I'd like to know is who or what is the "Bitcoin core development team?"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    What I'd like to know is who or what is the "Bitcoin core development team?"
    Aw, do you want governments to know?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Mt.Gox is down, though the CNN.com headline "Bitcoin future in doubt" may be slightly exaggerated.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/tech...html?hpt=hp_t1
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's time for the world to switch the amazing DOGECOIN!!!
    :p

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm behind the curve on all these newfangled currencies. I barely know what Bitcoin is.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger