Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's Troubles Solidify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary's Troubles Solidify

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-report-223553

State Dept. watchdog: Clinton violated email rules

The inspector general report is the latest headache for Clinton in the scandal over her exclusive use of private email for State business.

By Rachael Bade, Josh Gerstein and Nick Gass

05/25/16 09:46 AM EDT

Updated 05/25/16 10:01 AM EDT

The State Department inspector general concluded that Hillary Clinton did not comply with the agency’s policies on records, according to a report released to lawmakers on Wednesday that also revealed that Clinton and her top aides chose not to cooperate with the review.

The agency on Wednesday released the long-awaited report to Capitol Hill, copy of which was obtained by POLITICO, providing just the latest turn in the headache-inducing saga that has dogged Clinton's campaign.

While the report concludes that the agency suffers from "longstanding, systemic weaknesses" with records that "go well beyond the tenure of any one Secretary of State,” it specifically dings Clinton for her exclusive use of private email.

“Therefore, Secretary Clinton should have preserved any Federal records she created and received on her personal account by printing and filing those records with the related files in the Office of the Secretary,” the report states. “At a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department business before leaving government service and, because she did not do so, she did not comply with the Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz49g8YN2gA
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Ok. I had heard that .other Secretary of States have done the same thing..
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Ok. I had heard that .other Secretary of States have done the same thing..
      Well, of course!

(Even if they did, they don't happen to be running for the highest office in the land)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But the article doesn't specifically say what the other incumbents did wrong...does it? They may not have done the same thing?

And, yeah, I agree...Hillary is stuck with the effects of her very poor judgment because of her ambitions.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I always said, "Hillary is toast".
          Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            But the article doesn't specifically say what the other incumbents did wrong...does it? They may not have done the same thing?

And, yeah, I agree...Hillary is stuck with the effects of her very poor judgment because of her ambitions.
            She says stuff like "The FBI is doing a security review", to which the head of the FBI responds "we don't do security reviews - we do investigations" -- hence, the Federal Bureau of INVESTIGATIONS.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              I always said, "Hillary is toast".
              I actually thought she might end up getting a pass, regardless of the facts, but it's not looking so good anymore - a steady drip of bad news for her.

Comment

sounds like they are going for a wrist slap instead of truly charging her with the real crime. Not keeping a filed record of the emails, instead of actually using an unsecured private server to handle classified information. wow. The writing is on the wall.

Comment

I wonder how much pressure is coming from the White House to squelch this thing as much as possible...
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    I wonder how much pressure is coming from the White House to squelch this thing as much as possible...
                    If they are going to go with "filing error" I think Hillary will jump at it, apologize and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      sounds like they are going for a wrist slap instead of truly charging her with the real crime. Not keeping a filed record of the emails, instead of actually using an unsecured private server to handle classified information. wow. The writing is on the wall.
                      No, that's just the Inspector General at State - not the FBI. FBI investigation seems to be expanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Ya know, that's the interesting thing ... there is no love between Obamas and Clintons, so I guess it comes down to rescuing the Democratic Party in spite of Hillary.

Comment

This is just the State Department's internal review, not the FBI's investigation. The State Department can only comment on violations of their procedures, not violation of laws. This was an expected statement. But I don't see it influencing the FBI's case either way.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            This is just the State Department's internal review, not the FBI's investigation. The State Department can only comment on violations of their procedures, not violation of laws. This was an expected statement. But I don't see it influencing the FBI's case either way.
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            No, that's just the Inspector General at State - not the FBI. FBI investigation seems to be expanding.

Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The inspector general report is the latest headache for Clinton in the scandal over her exclusive use of private email for State business.
                              Yeah, yeah, yeah, big deal. Hillary’s fantastic and the next POTUS. Huzzah!
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment