Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Bootable ISO freeware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootable ISO freeware

Is there any?

I like to keep on hand bootable troubleshooting DVDs. Ideally, rather than a bunch of individual ones, I like one or two of the "multi-boot" sort, where multiple bootable ISO images are incorporated and accessible to choose from upon boot. There used to be half a dozen or more totally free programs capable of easily producing such things, but now they all seem to be crippleware.

Are there any that are actually free and actually work?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

You can install Windows 10 to a bootable USB (but you need a particular type of USB). You can create a bootable DVD/USB that will allow you to troubleshoot a Win10 install

Otherwise you can install Hiren's Boot Tools to a bootable DVD/USB, and most flavours of Linux allow you to create a bootable DVD/USB.

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I dont know about free, but I have Acronis Truimage and Disk Director, (basically a backup program and disk manager, fixer program) that allow me to create a bootable CD or USB stick that I can use if my computer dies. I can format drives, make partitions, clone drives, backup and restore disks. It's sweet and definitely worth the money. has a free trial, so you might be able to create the bootable disc and it could keep working even after the desktop software trial expires.

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/homecom...nks/ati-local/

Comment

It's not hard to make a bootable DVD from a downloaded ISO image. What I'm having trouble finding is a free program that will take multiple ISO images and consolidate them on a single DVD, allowing the user to choose from among them at boot. As recently as several months ago, there were several such programs. Now I can't find any that are not significantly "crippled" in their free versions.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

this seems to discuss what you're after http://askubuntu.com/questions/46624...o-images-in-it

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/sardu-m...reator-windows
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            It's not hard to make a bootable DVD from a downloaded ISO image. What I'm having trouble finding is a free program that will take multiple ISO images and consolidate them on a single DVD, allowing the user to choose from among them at boot. As recently as several months ago, there were several such programs. Now I can't find any that are not significantly "crippled" in their free versions.
            Closest I have seen to that is Virtual Clone Drive - https://www.redfox.bz/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
            It creates a virtual DVD drive and lets you load ISO images on it and run them, but of course you could not BOOT into them since you have to run virtual clone drive from windows first. To do that you would basically just need a virtual PC set up, which already has a virtual drive that you can have boot an ISO image when you boot it.

Comment

The following link might have what you are looking for or what you have said is now crippleware.

http://alternativeto.net/tag/iso/?platform=windows
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment