Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would like to debate regarding an issue of Christology.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    In the begining was the word and the word was with God and was God. He was with God in the begining.
    Gospel of John.
    Now as we know Jesus, God the father, and the holy spirit are three distinct beings coequal in glory and majesty. Thus if God is eternal and acausal which he is then each figure of the trinity must to be this way.

To say that the son or the spirit is not of the same substance is heresy. Arianism.
    Yes. And that is not at issue. BTW the Son is the very Light of God's glory [John 1:9; Hebrews 1:3]. And all appearences of God is the Son [John 1;18; Isaiah 6:5 - John 12:41; John 14:6, 9]. The Son with the Holy Spirit are co-eternal with the Father they being the One God [Psalm 90:2].
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    In the begining was the word and the word was with God and was God. He was with God in the begining.
    Gospel of John.
    Now as we know Jesus, God the father, and the holy spirit are three distinct beings coequal in glory and majesty. Thus if God is eternal and acausal which he is then each figure of the trinity must to be this way.

To say that the son or the sporit is not of the same substance is heresy. Arianism.
    I would recommend that you not tackle this tar baby. We've had this discussion; he just didn't like the results, and wants to keep re-litigating.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

3. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I would recommend that you not tackle this tar baby. We've had this discussion; he just didn't like the results, and wants to keep re-litigating.
    Expain what you mean by "tar baby?" The result has been name calling - calling me unorthodox. Without any Biblical basis. None what so ever. Am I wrong? Debate me.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is a tactic of avoiding a debate by saying a disagreement as a sticky situation. It is sticky because that interpretation that the pre-incarnate Christ who is eternally one with the Father, being He is eternally God, and that it is being said that He is eternally begotten of the Father from eternity is not taught in any way in the Word of God. A debate that cannot be won defending that false notion.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    This is a tactic of avoiding a debate by saying a disagreement as a sticky situation. It is sticky because that interpretation that the pre-incarnate Christ who is eternally one with the Father, being He is eternally God, and that it is being said that He is eternally begotten of the Father from eternity is not taught in any way in the Word of God. A debate that cannot be won defending that false notion.
    Actually, it's a recommendation to a new Christian to not get caught up in a debate we've already had. It is only sticky because you refuse to let it go.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Cow Poke, ke7ejx amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually, it's a recommendation to a new Christian to not get caught up in a debate we've already had. It is only sticky because you refuse to let it go.
    I am not the only one who refuses to let it go here. The fact remains neither you nor anyone else here on Tweb are willing to debate this.

The fact is it is you OBP that should debate this with me. And you could even cite former "proofs" you think where already provided here on Tweb.

CP, I think we have more in common where we share some beliefs. You would be welcome to debate me too.

The Trinity, Eternal Sonship are two teachings not explicitly, that is, directly stated in those terms that are taught in the Word of God. This issue that I am willing to debate against could be at least as important if it were true. That false notion is the basis of the Arius heresy.
    Last edited by 37818; 10-31-2016 at 07:17 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am not the only one who refuses to let it go here.
    *looks around* I don't see anyone else pushing for this.
    The fact remains neither you nor anyone else here on Tweb are willing to debate this again.
    Fixed that for you. We've discussed it. You're militating against 1700 years of received orthodoxy. I'm willing to discuss such topics once or twice, but then it's time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.
    CP, I think we have more in common where we share some beliefs. You would be welcome to debate me too.
    Bald attempt to drive a wedge. Nice.

10. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    *looks around* I don't see anyone else pushing for this.
    No one here has the guts to debate it. It was you OBP who accused me of unorthodoxy of my not believing that notion because it has no support from the Word of God. I had asked for its Biblical support. And there was none. Interpretations were presented. Thank you.
    Fixed that for you. We've discussed it. You're militating against 1700 years of received orthodoxy.
    And that notion was the basis of the Arian heresy.
    I'm willing to discuss such topics once or twice, but then it's time to shake the dust off my feet and move on.
    OK. Please give the link here on Tweb where the matter was proven by you.
    Bald attempt to drive a wedge. Nice.
    An accusation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No one here has the guts to debate it.
    That's simply not true.

Ain't gonna happen, 37. Trying to get a straight answer from you is like trying to nail jello to a tree on a hot summer afternoon. I'm just not interested.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

13. Amen ke7ejx amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's simply not true.
    OK. Who will step of to the "plate?"

Ain't gonna happen, 37. Trying to get a straight answer from you is like trying to nail jello to a tree on a hot summer afternoon. I'm just not interested.
    OK. I'm sorry to hear you feel that I do not give straight answers. And that you are not interested, that is fine.

Oh, and thank you anyway. You always have my respect.

[OBP also has my respect BTW.]
    Last edited by 37818; 10-31-2016 at 06:39 PM.