Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump University Fraud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Actually, the second of the two lawsuits against Trump is under the 'Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act' (or the RICO Act) and potentially quite serious, possibly resulting in jail time.
    Just for information, it's Cohen v. Trump

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/...519/426687/93/
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Trump may well end up in prison for blatant and deliberate fraud, but not Clinton. Her misdemeanour's (if ruled as such) can only be seen inadvertent errors of judgement, not criminal activity.
      Considering multi-million dollar lawyer team, and endless appeals they will wheel him in in a wheel chair on life support.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Considering multi-million dollar lawyer team, and endless appeals they will wheel him in in a wheel chair on life support.
        Oh you mean like Bernie will be in a year or two...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Actually, the second of the two lawsuits against Trump is under the 'Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act' (or the RICO Act) and potentially quite serious, possibly resulting in jail time.
          Even a civil suit under RICO doesn't result in jail time. Civil suits result in monetary awards and the like, but the whole 'civil' designation in the US means that jail time isn't even on the table. Federal prosecution by law enforcement under RICO results in jail time.

https://tollefsenlaw.com/civil-actions-under-rico/

"The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act of 1970 (“RICO”, 18 U.S.C.A. §§ 1961 et seq.) created a civil law cause of action (§ 1964) for violations of its provisions. Exclusive venue is in federal District Courts which are empowered to award triple monetary awards, attorney fees, and to issue equitable orders preventing and restraining violations, including divestiture of an interest in any enterprise, restrictions on future activities or investments of any person, and the dissolution or reorganization of the enterprise."
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment