Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. Hmmm.

I am not a farm girl. But I see man-made ponds and such on farms around, and suspect they are called sloughs. Pretty sure they aren't called tanks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Canada is different, perhaps. My experience has sloughs as natural. No matter.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Why don't you just write "slew?" Or is this a Canadian spelling thing again?

Whenever I see "Slough" I want to read "Sloff"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Why don't you not blame every pronunciation difference on Canada?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Why don't you not blame every pronunciation difference on Canada?
            wait so you want me to blame it all on Canada, or not blame Canada? I am confuserated.

OK I will blame Canada. You guys cain't spellerate goodly. Must be that French Canadian influence, making you all use too many vowels and like such as.

Comment

wait so you want me to blame it all on Canada, or not blame Canada? I am confuserated.

OK I will blame Canada. You guys cain't spellerate goodly. Must be that French Canadian influence, making you all use too many vowels and like such as.

It is always okay to blame Canada. No reason needed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                OK, I just acknowledged to the seller that our "crash out clause" is expired, and we are moving forward with the purchase.
                So, at the risk of sounding like I'm going back on topic...

We were kinda concerned about the $/acre because it seemed a little high (well, a LOT high, but property in this area is going for big bucks) but we've already had an offer to buy us out - even before we closed on the deal!

Some guy who is buying property in this same new subdivision (there will only be 14 homes, all at least 1.5 acres) said the lot we chose was the "best of the litter", and was willing to pay us a premium if we chose another lot. It makes me feel better about our choice.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That was for Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    So, at the risk of sounding like I'm going back on topic...

We were kinda concerned about the $/acre because it seemed a little high (well, a LOT high, but property in this area is going for big bucks) but we've already had an offer to buy us out - even before we closed on the deal!

Some guy who is buying property in this same new subdivision (there will only be 14 homes, all at least 1.5 acres) said the lot we chose was the "best of the litter", and was willing to pay us a premium if we chose another lot. It makes me feel better about our choice.
                    Very nice. Our place is on 1.3 acres. I wouldn't want a whole lot bigger without putting a pasture or something into it.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

That is the American spelling of slough.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        Very nice. Our place is on 1.3 acres. I wouldn't want a whole lot bigger without putting a pasture or something into it.
                        Yeah, our previous place had over 100 hardwoods - necessitated me buying a zero-turn mower, AND, spending way more time than I cared picking up dead limbs and raking (or mulching) leaves. Since this development was a pasture before being turned into a neighborhood, I can put trees where I want, and of the type I want.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment